Taylor 5t creation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uber has a lot of labled ready to go , you can design it yourself , took some time but worth the wait , I like darkside graphics but they are limited to the cool messy stuff if you like that , they also do more cutting detail ,like the 30° north on the hood is cut out , and the fins on the hood are cut out also , but you can't get them to do labled or trade marks n stuff and my track is under 6 inches of snow DAMIT !!!

Well,,,, I finnally got the freek out in a uncovered field today for the first time , it wouldn't take off till mass throttle , and then ran great , but if I let off the throttle , it won't go again till load up the throttle again , I shut r down and the clutch it smoking very badly , this engine came assembled from Taylor , so I didn't do anything there , it rolls fine , so it is in the clutch for sure ,,,,HELP !?!?!? SUGESTIONS !?!?

Well,,,, I finnally got the freek out in a uncovered field today for the first time , it wouldn't take off till mass throttle , and then ran great , but if I let off the throttle , it won't go again till load up the throttle again , I shut r down and the clutch it smoking very badly , this engine came assembled from Taylor , so I didn't do anything there , it rolls fine , so it is in the clutch for sure ,,,,HELP !?!?!? SUGESTIONS !?!?
Brakes dragging?

Take it apart and see. Post up some pix.

It rolls freely
I don't see a problem ?
Wow !!! I don't believe it ! Mike Taylor already messaged me back ! Wow ! He says , seen it several times , the stock carb settings are set very rich and the and the shoes don't grab real well , , he says lean it out a bit , should be fixed , I actually thought that for about 2 seconds but it was smoking n stuff so I kinda freeked , raced home and tore it apart , so I'm putting her back together for another run !

Attachments

• IMG_20230307_152446197_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230307_152446197_HDR.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230307_152434510_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230307_152434510_HDR.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nice to see some more updates with the build Relic... I am still trapped in the white stuff!!

I am not sure if your intake manifold at the carb is the one that is facing up (the intake port part) but I thought the motor came with a "RAM AIR" filter?? I have a taylor 65 and it uses that filter

@Relic-1 that clutch got pretty hot, something is definitely not right if it takes alot of throttle to get it moving. Can you take a better pic of inside the bell so we can see what the contact area looks like?
The clutches engage super high! Needs the power to do it. Plus the rpm to keep it there. If it’s slobbering rich it can easily happen.

That's what Mike said ,also that he's seen it alot in the first runs on the rich settings from assembly guys , to protect it at first fire up , he says he needs to add that to downloads notes , sure would have helped me at the first , hell ,,,, I dream those darn videos these days , I've read you run it on those settings at first , but it's horrible on that huge clutch , all surfaces look fine , on the bell and shoes , I only had it going for like 2 minutes and knew something was stupid , I'm hoping to get it out after , parts earning period today ( WORK ! )

Well , here goes , it's the beginning of the pinicle of the war inside my head , and my financial backing becomes the reciprocal of all means ,, 😵‍💫 I've sold my raminator, and some other stuff , to help with the costs, oh boy ! The costs ! But as I've stated before , I'm a very fortunate guy and completely enjoy the fact that I'm able to do this great hobby , can't ride dirt bikes anymore, so kinda filling that void also , but anyways , I'm building the TAYLOR ,LOSI 5T2.0 FROM HELL ! I've sold the engine out of the losi , and the next day the beast arrived at my door !! Here is some pics of the chassis , engine , exhaust , and 30-54 bonehead gears that have arrived so far WARNING !!! CONSISTANT STAIRING CAN CAUSE EYE DAMAGE !! 😅
I did same use to race atv so now this is my hobby and i am not breaking my neck lol. Still break the banks but keeps me happy so I’m going to keep on keeping on.

Thats why I do this hobby. Too many broken bones and surgeries from motocross. No more broken bones just broke wallet lol
I still get the sound and smell fix

WINTER IS OVER !!!!!!! EEEEEYAAAAEEEEE !! WE got four inches of snow on Friday , now our outlook is temps in the 50"s , just like that it's RC season !! Love slingn mud with the VEKTA5 , and finally get to tune the freek , finally , got it together , and just been staring at it , HERE WE GOOOOO !!!! I Gotta learn how to post videos. Cuz you can never remember it all ! Well at least I can't 😟😟😵‍💫🤣😂 YEEEEEHAAAAW !!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks