Taylor RC 35cc gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wreckitup

Hi I've brought a Taylor RC 35cc motor (bloody amazing quality) and was wondering what gears (spur and pinon) is everyone running or tried. I was going to run 23/54 but Mike has advised me this is too much so am now thinking 22/56
P.s will be making a build thread soon with all new shiny Taylor RC parts 😁☺️

I got a 21 in my 2.0 and have a 22 if needed, unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to really tune it to its potential. On the 35’s maiden voyage I broke a a-arm and hinge pin. Got that repaired but then I got the thrust washer upgrade and haven’t yet installed it.

I would say it will pull a 22 but it depends on what you want out of it? More top end or low end snap?

Thanks for all your replies I decided to send the 46t black bone spur back and get a 58 spur with a 23t pinion and think I'll grab a 22 and 21 and go from there

Thanks for all your replies I decided to send the 46t black bone spur back and get a 58 spur with a 23t pinion and think I'll grab a 22 and 21 and go from there
I would start off with the 21t for the first few tanks, so the engine can bed in nicely.
Then see how she goes with the 22t, all being good try the 23t and hopefully you won't lose too much bottom end
I'm sure the T35 will pull 23t easy, it's just a matter of how much bottom end you lose, and personal preference

*edit* is it a v1 or v2 5iveT? this is important due to gearing limitations

I would start off with the 21t for the first few tanks, so the engine can bed in nicely.
Then see how she goes with the 22t, all being good try the 23t and hopefully you won't lose too much bottom end
I'm sure the T35 will pull 23t easy, it's just a matter of how much bottom end you lose, and personal preference

*edit* is it a v1 or v2 5iveT? this is important due to gearing limitations
I run a g4z Evo 32. 22/58 gearing. That goes well but could use a 10k spring on the clutch for faster starts. But I also run a silenced vrc mini big bore pipe which maybe looses a bit at the bottom end but a 10k spring world create more torque sheer on the driveline hence staying with 8k clutch spring

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks