Team Losi 5ive-T released!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
losi-5ive-t.jpg

After months of speculation and rumors, it's finally here - the newest large scale RC, the Losi 5ive-T 4WD large scale truck!

The 1/5-scale Losi 5IVE-T 4WD large scale RC truck is the closest thing to a full-size vehicle in realism, performance and experience. It features a 4WD drivetrain based on the racing-winning, award winning 8IGHT platfrom, Spektrum telemetry receiver, installed sensors, and 1/4-scale servos. And since it's a Bind-N-Drive vehicle, you complete it with the DSM transmitter of your choice...

Click to continue!

That's one big and NICE truck.

Shock look just like my big bores on my 1/8 Raminator / admittedly with 7mm shafts - might be a nice consideration for my truck next year!!

Electronic ignition?
People query the price, but Losi (at least used to) stand for high quality parts.
They have had problems in the last few years if you read the Losi Forum from time to time - people saying 'this was never happening before' ... 'sub-standard quality' ...
Let's hope the old quality has returned!!

My only question mark is the limited bracing of the apparently narrow shock towers.

Al.

5ivee

we hope that the after market parts people respond to this and any other items of concern. i agree with the comments about lost quality the past few years. is this due to a change in manufacturing plant location? where is this car made? i myself have a hard time putting the word quality and china in the same sentence. my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Have to agree.
I had to buy 6 alloy shock bodies for the 4 that are installed on my 1/8 Raminator.
Somebody once told me this 'Chinese quality' thing is a misunderstanding on our part. You will be given a price scale based on quality available, but some don't go for the 'top option' and hope there are no 'after effects' ..... 'nough said.

I can't wait for the 1/6 Raminator in 2 years' time, or Grave Digger, etc. ..... !!!
There's got to be some spin-offs - we're talking Losi here - best badge engineers in the world!!
(OK Traxxas' Stampede is probably winning at the moment!! :lol::lol:)

Al.

price will come down after a few months. just like asso. did w/ sc8. they where 799.00 at first now there around 600.00. Still a cool looking truck

so will we need to go out and buy a 2.4 radio or what

I like it this way. RTR radios are always crap. A quality radio is one of the best things you can buy, and one transmitter can control your whole fleet of RCs.

$1600 is not bad at all. The HPI Baja was around $1500 when it first came out. The Losi has twice the driveline, and is made of some nice parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just looks right, which is half of the equation isn't it? !!

I also like the 4-piece bodies - which does limit body choice but it's directed at one style - SHOULD BE much cheaper than trashing a complete body each time there's a serious 'accident' !!

Can't wait for the Mark II version!!
LST was great. LST2 was so much better.

This is one thing with Losi. They've probably got continuous development going on in the background, with continual 'upgrades' available to the public, instead of 'best' from the start, like FG.

Interested in those shocks 'though. I definitely want to see the cartidges - see how they can absorb so much more weight, and the movement of large diameter shafts, which could also wear the O-rings out more quickly.

Bottom line...
IT LOOKS GREAT. LET'S HEAR FROM SOME (VERY LUCKY) OWNERS.

Al.

Al.

Price tag is tough. Based on the video in my opinion, most of the jumps were level but once it landed there were a lot of rollovers. The suspension may not be right for the size or a track. I would assume that Losi had their best drivers during video shoots.

The body idea is brilliant with the exception of what it limits to use on the truck. I am sure pro-line already has their own 4 piece body in the works for it. Hopefully the body is stronger than HPI and redcat's truck bodies.

Looking forward to see some unbiased reviews on this.

I think they done a great job with the design i love the look of the truck but its not worth $1600 cmon wheres the suspension travel ?and i bet that body would'nt be cheap to replace! they also rave on about 4wd who cares, short course trucks are 2wd if ya want a 4wd go buy a rally car! 2wd for skilled drivers ;) in the history of the baja 1000 only one 4wd has ever won the overall....... hpi baja still #:cup-1: in my book and i wont be buying a losi 5t anytime soon:lol:

Troy

Last edited:
The body shell comes in 3 bits!! its kinda cool me thinks.. so if you smash up the back
section you can just buy the back section and not need to worry about buying a full
body!

The body shell comes in 3 bits!! its kinda cool me thinks.. so if you smash up the back
section you can just buy the back section and not need to worry about buying a full
body!

It actually comes in 4 sections and the cab section is over $100 thats not inc postage

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks