That Conley 327 V-8 engine!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
WOW, have you guys seen that Conley 327 V-8 supercharged engine and 1/4th scale dragster that was just posted in the marketplace by @63350vette?

I didn't want to post in the classifieds thread, as to keep it on-topic, but dang that thing looks phenomenal. I'd love to see and hear it run!

Good luck on the sale @63350vette and that's one heck of a job you've done!

dragster.jpg

I want one of those engines so badly, but the price is a bit of a put off as I have a much more expensive hobby than large scale RC's to feed too. (Children).

check out this v8 im in love:love: only a meer $17950.00 RTR:eek:
DSCN1664(1).JPG

DSCN1663(1).JPG

dscn1662.jpg

Most of those engines in the video don't get used in R/C cars or planes. Like R/C for us the Making and building of the engine is the Hobby for those boys . There are some that cross over and make the car also.

We seriously need to figure out how the hell he makes it sound so fricking good. Is it musical tuning of the exhaust system or do you think it is the real thing. it is the actual sound of the engine? in which case....I want one.

@1Coopgt. Thats not hard. Just look up "conley v8" on youtube. There is plenty of them around. There is also a Austrian company that makes small scale v8 to v16's. Here is their v8 in a quarterscale and it also sounds delicious.

Last edited:
Speaking of that Austrian company (V12 factory was their name). Check out this project of theirs. A classical V16 racecar 1:3 scale. I assume it will be RC too once it gets done. The fact that these one offs exists genuinely make our cars "toy cars". Those one offs there are actual scale models that even walk all over the detail horny crawler guys rigs.

this is just too good and its not even half done.

edit. I am wrong; It is done;

What a fantastic thing. I do wonder tho...shouldnt an engine like this have an automatic gearbox?

Last edited:
Speaking of that Austrian company (V12 factory was their name). Check out this project of theirs. A classical V16 racecar 1:3 scale. I assume it will be RC too once it gets done. The fact that these one offs exists genuinely make our cars "toy cars". Those one offs there are actual scale models that even walk all over the detail horny crawler guys rigs.

this is just too good and its not even half done.

edit. I am wrong; It is done;

What a fantastic thing. I do wonder tho...shouldnt an engine like this have an automatic gearbox?

This is sick . If that's actually to scale in every detail that engine is supercharged ! It has a screw type supercharger driven off the gears in the bell housing.

Honestly I don't know when the automatic trans was invented . For simplicity sake I'd assume it's using a clutch like our cars sort of.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks