the baja clan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy_2121

Hi all,

What is the best to go for out of the following three options

1) a brand new hpi baja 5b 2.0

2) a second hand hpi baja 5b

3) a clone of the hpi baja 5b

I simply cannot make my mind up!

cheers

thank you!

So the clone is a bad idea then? Iv been told to save money and use the spare cash to upgrade it so it is matched with the real hpi baja? However this will not solve the issue with the engine on the clone.

The only thing with the SS is having to build it and get the radio gear etc, my problem is i would want to run it as soon as i took it home ;). How long would it take to build an SS? are they difficult? I am not a complete beginner, as i am quite experienced with nitro and i own a petrol monster truck so i am quite familiar with the concepts.

would i be capable of building the SS?

cheers

Go get yourself the v2 baja they are ace with the new anodised colours instead of that crappy purple colour, and it comes with all the extras you get in the ss , ali diff case , better shocks etc:clown:

i do like the sound of the ss but im worried about what is required of me to build it! would i have to build the engine, and clutch etc? and other complicated parts like this or is it just a case of building the structure of the car?

cheers

i do like the sound of the ss but im worried about what is required of me to build it! would i have to build the engine, and clutch etc? and other complicated parts like this or is it just a case of building the structure of the car?

cheers

I think the SS would be a great choice.

You wouldn't have to build the engine, already done. You just bolt it in. You will eventually have to tear into these, so any building and tuning skills will be required regardless of you purchasing an RTR or a kit.

If you really don't want to build, I would say go for this:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.46/.f

Yeah, it's the purple one, BUT, you'll get a radio, an engine, and a tuned pipe. Plus if you use the code LSF on checkout, you'll get another 5% off and you get free shipping. Not too bad really for about 850!

You can eventually get rid of the purple by deanodizing. Or not!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks