The Bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeous

Thought I would post them up. I recently bought another Thunder Tiger Nitro bike. I think a nitro bike is the way to go. I have had 1 nitro I modded like crazy, and a few electrics. something about the sound fitting the nitro and the weight and response feels different. That said, I just got my very first bike back. it's a bare chassis right now so needs a lot of work, but I will get it running then I have a loaner so someone else can give it a go

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

Bikes are fun and pretty tough. Different to drive but if you've riden real bikes you understand the geometry and crap. The steering is loose, you can wobble the wheel around. the servo just nudges the triple to turn. so left turn it nudges it to the right to make the bike lean left. once in the lean you control the corner with throttle and brake.

the hardest thing to get used to is oversteer. when you hit those wire crashguards it tends to slide out. most people think like a car driver and turn more which makes it worse. so you have to brave it, turn the wrong way to get it up off the crash guard then get on the brakes to slow it to make the corner.

otherwise the tvp chassis is much like a savage design so very sturdy. I have flipped and flopped bikes many times.... had one fly by at chest level about 45-50 mph and even then the breakage was fairly minimal lol. I had a good friend standing beside me. talk about airtime that wasn't planned. dam frost heaves

I paid 250 cdn for the nitro. off of craigslist. brand new kit. I just ordered a bunch of things for it. it gets stripped soon enough to do all the work and polish up the aluminum.

the electric was a toss in on a trade sorta deal today. sold my mt. I tossed in extra stuff for the bike. the blue one was my very first motorcycle. so getting it back is kind of cool. I tossed it in on another deal we did to get him involved but he could never get it driving... the steering has to be loose or it flops around

New treaded tires, soft compound, orange inserts. Aluminum side body posts, front brake kit, aluminum steering shock (I kept the stock one and added the aluminum one to the other side then loosened the spring a little. I might have to loosen it a bit more, we'll see. Might be a bit twitchy, might steer quick). The Nylon crash guards I moved the mounting location back on the frame. I could cut a bit off to get more lean angle. I think they will work good. They will slide but are also flexible. At least they won't fall out and pole vault you like the stock metal ones. I needed some for the electric bike so tossed these in there. I also shortened the front rake a tad and shoe goo'd the front fender into place. servo tape on it just falls apart
DSCI0001-1.jpg
DSCI0002-1.gif
DSCI0004.jpg

Lovin the looks for the bikes Pipe :cool2: , as a full scale rider (or i would have if i wasn't knocked off not so long ago) i can see some nice details that copy the real deals.
New tyres hey, bet they didn't cost you £260 a pair :clown:

cheers. I have a scar on my right leg from outside ankle to inside knee. flew 42 feet before hitting a wall of rocks. still no feeling in the surface layers lol. Been riding since I was a kid. I am restoring a 1974 Honda 250 right now too... I rode this very bike all over the Kootenays when I was 17-19. still had my license plate on it from that time :D

I was going to take it out today but the ground was so frosty it would have been too frustrating to dial in a new steering setup.

they are very realistic. I have tried hard to get people into the rc bikes around here. finally started hanging out with people that ride them and get them into rc haha

The on roads take a bit to get used to. I got into bikes to replace helis for challenge. Start with a big wide open area until you get used to turning. Toughest part is losing the car driver mind set. when you turn too far, you hit the crash guards. This makes it somewhat slide out on turns and turns wider... common car though is to turn more but this makes it worse on a bike... so you have to train yourself to give a little brake and turn the opposite direction to get it back on it's wheels.

ya I could never beat Lito's record haha. 45-50 is about right and that's fast. when you get the speed wobbles it can be a nasty crash... though they are tough

the dirt bikes anyone can drive. it has a gyro in the rear wheel and it's stable... look at the vids ghostlyrich posted. I was running the bike in between trees in super rough terrain and it stays up until I go too slow

Got the new Alleven Hydraulic steering stabilizer installed. I had to drill and tap the frame for one screw otherwise it was a direct fit. It's adjustable too. just unclip the clevis from the servo horn and move it up or down for more or less dampening. nice piece. Alleven stuff is nice.

I am also gluing tires on my new rims for the electric and putting the disc brakes on. I'll get some more pics as I go

DSCI0001-3.jpg

gluing tires to aluminum rims is a pain. I got the back end done. had to go help a friend out with his rc for a bit so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked... still got the back end done and the steering stabilizer on

I also have some video at the bmx track with the ofna 10sc. got some good air on the autocross jumps... had to take a break and go play... but I landed in a puddle upside down. have to see what I fried today

I got the new tires and wheels on the electric, front and rear disc brakes, new body posts, alleven crash bar holders (rubber inserts hold them from falling out) and the alleven steering stabilizer. steering servo is glued in and still drying... I also had to change the rear swingarm so I sanded the casting marks off. couldn't find my jeweler's rouge though to polish it... that meant changing the axle and hubs and crap too

DSCI0001-4.gif
DSCI0002-2.gif
DSCI0003-1.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks