The car too heavy on the front?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trung Phan

Hi,my name is Trung, I’m new to 1/5 world. English is not my primary language btw. I’m looking for a new car, digging on the internet to find what to buy, just quick research and love the look of Losi 5t😅 (please patient, I know this is Kraken sub forum) soon I find this forum for large scale rc cars then I saw some brands that I didn’t hear before, after do some Google, I’m falling in love with KVTT. My only concern is the car look not ok when jumping, it feel heavy on the front or some how make the car love to kiss the ground. Is this normal to large scale? Is there anyway to fix this? I think problems come from the engine place near the front of the car make CG shift to the front.

Hi,my name is Trung, I’m new to 1/5 world. English is not my primary language btw. I’m looking for a new car, digging on the internet to find what to buy, just quick research and love the look of Losi 5t😅 (please patient, I know this is Kraken sub forum) soon I find this forum for large scale rc cars then I saw some brands that I didn’t hear before, after do some Google, I’m falling in love with KVTT. My only concern is the car look not ok when jumping, it feel heavy on the front or some how make the car love to kiss the ground. Is this normal to large scale? Is there anyway to fix this? I think problems come from the engine place near the front of the car make CG shift to the front.
Thats actually one of the reasons for the tires on the back, it needs good weight distribution. From what ive seen on youtube it absoulty nose dives without the tires on the back. I don't have that same truck, so somebody with one can chime in. I can tell you that 5th scales are much larger and heavier than other rcs, so it is far harder to correct the vehicles orentation in the air, so you really need to jump right.
Welcome to the forum btw (y)

Thats actually one of the reasons for the tires on the back, it needs good weight distribution. From what ive seen on youtube it absoulty nose dives without the tires on the back. I don't have that same truck, so somebody with one can chime in. I can tell you that 5th scales are much larger and heavier than other rcs, so it is far harder to correct the vehicles orentation in the air, so you really need to jump right.
Welcome to the forum btw (y)
Thanks, I not going to jump it if I have one. If basing around I goes with Tekno MT410 or new ET48 2.0 instead. I know 2 wheels is must but not fix the root cause. Just asking to see someone have some things to deal with it.

I know losi 5t is king of the platform but I can’t resist the look of KVTT
I have the KV5TT and love it
I’m reading your building thread. Can’t find any ARTR KVTT yet, I don’t have experience on Gas engine as well as 1/5 platform.

I’m reading your building thread. Can’t find any ARTR KVTT yet, I don’t have experience on Gas engine as well as 1/5 platform.
Hey Trung, if you new to 1/5 gas car take time to research and ask all the vet in this forum they are all experienced in 1/5 gas RCs, i'm Viet too so feel free to ask ;) best bet if you like KVTT then ask whoever had one built like @PortCityRC (y)

MGM makes a 53hp electric kit for these as well if thats more your style, cost about the same as a 80cc big bore engine
I'll be getting an MCD bro in time🤘😎🤘
sale your bro!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and get a MCD :love: :love: :love:
I'd scare him away from 1/5th scale if I gave him a price for mine🤣

MGM makes a 53hp electric kit for these as well if thats more your style, cost about the same as a 80cc big bore engine
I'll be getting an MCD bro in time🤘😎🤘

I'd scare him away from 1/5th scale if I gave him a price for mine🤣
I know you have hundreds of upgrade parts I thing at least 5k$

I have 2 1/14 LC racing. Last year I focused on fpv, I have DJI combo, I planned mod Air unit on upcoming truck :)) so I’m here to find one.
I would go for a Losi 5t as your first venture into large scale, they are reliable and customisable to everyone's tastes or desires. Plus parts are readily available world wide.
If you find you love the hobby then look at getting the Kraken

I know you have hundreds of upgrade parts I thing at least 5k$
All my upgrades were my choice and most are not required though. The truck is a absolute blast to run, check out the other members KV.5 builds too, basically the same and you'll see others choices of upgrades...I have close to $7500-8k in mine, not including some new bits and a body coming.
The kv5tt is narrower, the front arms, front shock tower mount, rear axle and drive axles are different,cage and body other than that identical

All my upgrades were my choice and most are not required though. The truck is a absolute blast to run, check out the other members KV.5 builds too, basically the same and you'll see others choices of upgrades...I have close to $7500-8k in mine, not including some new bits and a body coming.
The kv5tt is narrower, the front arms, front shock tower mount, rear axle and drive axles are different,cage and body other than that identical
Why kv5 more stable without 2 wheels on the rear? Is it because it wider and have bigger wheels?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks