The journey begins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
Ordered the proboat zelos 48g today , H.H. rep tells me to have it paid for before November 1st. , And I'll have it that week , now this isn't some guy buying a RC boat to run out and play with right out of the box at all , I'll be modifying the egine , changing the exhaust system , and changing the carb set up , adding a water pump , and some spray wax 😆 OOOOOH BOOOOOOYYYYYEEEEE. !! THEN by the time I'm done the snow will be gone and I'll be ready ,,, I HOPE , all these things I mentioned I've looked into a bit , i was looking at the Gizmo web site they have some interesting things going on with these things , also I'd like to track down this Arron Foster , he's a engine rebuilder , any advise on any of this will be very appreciated , thanks guys 👍

If you don't know of it already I suggest you sign into Jims RC Boat Dock: www.jrcbd.com

No offense but the Ready To Run boats like this Zelos are pretty crappy compared to what you can build yourself. It will cost you a little more money but you will have a much better boat. By the time you upgrade everything to make the Zelos good you're probably right in the same ballpark money wise. Motor is stock not modified, radio sucks, pipe probably sucks, prop sucks, etc. When I was into RC boats I never used a clutch, always direct drive and I built my boats from individual parts. Lots of really good stuff out there.

Jim's dock is a bunch of water rats. I asked a question about my segad and got 30 guys telling what a piece of poop hull it is and how I'd be better off sinking it and buying a euro hull

See post above ⬆⬆

I'm just playing around here , wanna change stuff cuz these days anything is possible , so I'm starting with this three layer fiberglass boat and see what I end up with , I really didn't want to end up with a nother engine sitting around cuz I changed it out , like the maxinator , still got that thing sitting around no use for it , so I wanted to get the stock engine upgraded , I was looking at prices of this stuff and it isn't that much , so I got all winter to get things together , gives me something to do while stuck at home , this covid crap is coming back and it could be back to life k down and mess up the whole idiocrity plan of mine 🤣😆

P E R Z A C H L Y !!!! THATS O K , SPANKY I HAVE TO LIVE MY OWN LIFE , I MAY LOOK FOOLISH BUT IT SURE IS FUN LOOKING SILLY , LIKE the guy the other day , asked me why I ride my Harley to the store instead of driving my siverado ? CUZ I FREEEEEKN CAN 😃🤣😆another thing to all this , I geuss it's cool to at least me 🤪 , to make the boat more my product , than some Korean 10 year old kids product 😃

Last edited:
Well , still investimagateing the decision on engine for this thing , I was looking at O.B.R. marine engines , you guys know stuff about fitment in the 48g of a O.B.R. engine in this thing , or is that just to insane 😵 Wich by the way , INSANE BOATS !! WOW ! now there's another project by it's self !!! HMMMMMM,,,,,,,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks