The largest scale rc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen dozers and front end loaders in videos in coal mines being remote controlled because of the dangers getting caught in one. Control box was big the guy and needed neck strap to support it.

I cant imagine rc equipment is ok in all applications. Operating heavy equipment with finesse requires a ass in the seat. Not sure how to explain it, but anyone with seat time will know what I mean. Even certain machines have a better connection to the operator than others. Its a connection that can never be replicated in rc.

I cant imagine rc equipment is ok in all applications. Operating heavy equipment with finesse requires a ass in the seat. Not sure how to explain it, but anyone with seat time will know what I mean. Even certain machines have a better connection to the operator than others. Its a connection that can never be replicated in rc.
I’m sure it was produced for applications when a driver can’t be in a seat. Maybe like too close to radiation or in mines etc.

RC equipment isnt new, and it still needs operators. So I'll never understand when "operators" claim they loose their jobs. I've been to several mining sites that used rc vehicles, and the operators were the same guys that ran the same equipment from the cab, running the remotes.
21bb, you sound just like my boss, if you can sit in the seat you cant feel it and it wont get done right.....well I don't necessarily believe that to be 100% accurate. Most new equipment Is drive by wire. Theres actually nothing connecting you for your haptic feedback. He (my boss) has a hard time running drive by wire equipment. The rest (younger guys) of us don't have the same issues. There is very much a what you learned on type of mentality. I don't know many older guys that are as good on newer stuff as they were on their older equipment. The same thing applies when they are ran by remote.

They're using it on 100 ton dump trucks in coal mines
Just point A - fill up
Point B - dump.
A new mine opening in QLD is going to use trucks driven from India.
They reckon the young guys are best at it.

I was up in Somerset Pa when action mining brought in their first GPS enabled dozer. The old pap that got to run it hated it. It was rather impressive to see it make the cut and run all the overburden into one nice pile. I'll tell you this much it was flat and fast. Like almost laser accuracy. It was the only one they got. Said it was more efficient for final grades when they filled the pots back in. Not rc but all you did was sit in the seat and run the throttle.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks