The most controversial engine ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
So Got this in today, it has caused quite a stir in the rc world as far as Facebook goes. Case is basically a Bartolone copy, or should I say scott finlay as bartolone copied SF cases. But, either way, motor is very light with the titanium pipe coming in at just over 5lbs 8oz with everything but the clutch bell and carrier. Pipe seems well built, engine machine work looks awesome. Genuine zenoah cylinders, port work looks great. I've owned almost every brand smallbore out their, machining and quality so far looks just as good or better than the rest. If it can compete with any of my 34cc finlay engines Ill be very happy. Very excited to run this. Videos as soon as my baja gets here.20221212_192208.jpg20221212_192217.jpg20221212_192226.jpg20221212_192259.jpg20221212_192305.jpg20221212_192320.jpg20221212_192339.jpg20221212_192526.jpg

So what is it john? I see akill I'm not to up on them but I believe it's a Chinese company? Can you bring me up to speed please as I don't have Fb.

Their a Chinese company, they clone a lot of parts it seems. Much higher quality than rovan or similar. The engine itself has similarities to a Bart engine but head design is obviously different. They have been around awhile I guess but recently came out I guess. When I got involved with them, they barely had anything on their website, now it's loaded with some American brand parts and cloned stuff.

Maybe I'd feel worse about it if I knew bartolone didn't copy a good bit of SF engines lol

Clone is one thing but when do we start to consider these types of things aftermarket?

I'm curious as well and I'm curious of the choice in materials, I hope their standard at minimum.

Damn. I want to smile but it’s hard for me to get past it being made from recycled pop cans. Might look Awsome. Will it last without hammering out the bearings in the case.

Looking forward to a review after you give it a beating.

Clone is one thing but when do we start to consider these types of things aftermarket?

I'm curious as well and I'm curious of the choice in materials, I hope their standard at minimum.
It is a clone, he literally just ripped off SF and bartolone parts and port work. No innovation involved with that. All he did was put his name on it and make a fancy cylinder head cover thingy. Pipe looks exactly like an olimat too.

Yea Z I get it, whether we like it or not it's what's in the cards for the future and it happens with everything. There's probably hoards of people waiting for that time frame to end where patents are protecting work and they jump on it. Also China clearly doesn't abide by our laws so they do as they please.

So Got this in today, it has caused quite a stir in the rc world as far as Facebook goes. Case is basically a Bartolone copy, or should I say scott finlay as bartolone copied SF cases. But, either way, motor is very light with the titanium pipe coming in at just over 5lbs 8oz with everything but the clutch bell and carrier. Pipe seems well built, engine machine work looks awesome. Genuine zenoah cylinders, port work looks great. I've owned almost every brand smallbore out their, machining and quality so far looks just as good or better than the rest. If it can compete with any of my 34cc finlay engines Ill be very happy. Very excited to run this. Videos as soon as my baja gets here.View attachment 84593View attachment 84594View attachment 84595View attachment 84596View attachment 84597View attachment 84598View attachment 84599View attachment 84600
You said when you get your baja don't you have like a 1000 baja already lol is it going in a Vesla?

Last edited:
this engine looks great. but if it's china and a clone, why doesn't the price look like that? the price is the same as the Bartolone Racing 34cc Reed. and $370 for a pipe is too bold...

It is a clone, he literally just ripped off SF and bartolone parts and port work. No innovation involved with that. All he did was put his name on it and make a fancy cylinder head cover thingy. Pipe looks exactly like an olimat too.

You mean he ripped of scott finlay, NOT bartolone as bartolone also ripped off scott finlay. Cylinder is a 2 piece design and makes it easy to change compression. It's imiliar for sure, but has many differences. Pipe as well is different, I have a brand new olimat I'll sit next to it. Pipe design is obviously similar as it's a fiddlesticking cross over Pipe 🤣. Might as well say his side pipe is the same as the other side pipes and get that out of the way. 20221213_051214.jpg20221213_051326.jpg
this engine looks great. but if it's china and a clone, why doesn't the price look like that? the price is the same as the Bartolone Racing 34cc Reed. and $370 for a pipe is too bold...

The pipe is titanium, basically the only one I'm aware of that makes a smallbore titanium pipe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks