"The world becomes a safer place"?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually a speed limit isn't a bad thing there. Think about it for a minute . You have some idiot bombing up a dune at 100 + and probably doing it with the front wheels in the air for part of it . He sets the front end down just before the top to settle the buggy before the top and letting it fly off the top. But wait there is a group of people or a family hanging out on the other side (BACK SIDE OF THE DUNE) The buggy driver doesn't know they are there ( NO SPOTTER). What is the buggy driver going to do ? Can't put the brakes on ,he's in the air and about to land on a 6 year old with his dad.

And that is only one scenario.

On a side note , We drove past there when I was a teen. Those Dunes are huge.
Do many families picnic on the backside of dunes in a ORV park? I would think most stay in their vehicles unless in the staging area, and keep moving when out there. No hanging around in blind spots.

CA, the place you can do drugs and crap on the street, but going to fast in the desert will get you in trouble. What a backwards place.
I hear the desert is where hippies go to take their mushrooms, so maybe thats why? Those rails disturb the local pretty wild life, man?

I think if you not in a car or your trailer you thinking about the next fix if shade??it must be very hot there? no one is having picnics on the dunes? if you a hippie your not there during main events. As with all events every year more people arrive, and it probably comes down to this☝? more people having accidents (driving drunk) reckless behavior. There is always a few peepee's who make poor choices and fek it for everyone ???

I think if you not in a car or your trailer you thinking about the next fix if shade??it must be very hot there? no one is having picnics on the dunes? if you a hippie your not there during main events. As with all events every year more people arrive, and it probably comes down to this☝? more people having accidents (driving drunk) reckless behavior. There is always a few peepee's who make poor choices and fek it for everyone ???
Having a 1k hp sandrail is all about being reckless, thats what makes stuff like that fun. The fun police need to let people have a good time however they want. If they get hurt or die, thats on them. If other people are scared, stay home and cover yourself in bubble wrap. The nanny state and freedom just can't coexist. Im not sure how others feel, but I'll choose freedom over some ding dong in a suit trying to keep me safe. Nothing makes my blood boil more than the government thinking they have a right to dictate my every move. I think im gonna go clean my guns while they're loaded now, then go for a ride with no seatbelt, and finish it off with a bunch of cigarettes and unhealthy food. Not because its smart, because its my choice. Sorry for the rant, but crap like this ticks me off.

Do many families picnic on the backside of dunes in a ORV park? I would think most stay in their vehicles unless in the staging area, and keep moving when out there. No hanging around in blind spots.

I don't like the nanny state either. But there are a lot of idiots out there with out common since that actually need to be protected from them selves or injuring others.

Last edited:

I don't like the nanny state either. But there are a lot of idiots out there with out common since that actually need to be protected from them selves or injuring others.
I half agree. While I shouldn't be allowed to injure others, if I want to hurt myself doing dumb stuff, thats my choice. I find seatbelt laws a prime example of such government overreach. Saying that, if I crash and go threw the windshield, its 100% my responsibility to pay the medical bills. A little personal responsibility, and a lot of freedom, make life much more enjoyable. It seems that type of thinking is becoming quite rare in America these days. Its both sad, and infuriating.

You give me buggy with 1000+ hp I'm the idiot you need to worry about. I have a lot of common since . The big problem is I have no self control. I would be the poophole going balls out . I don't know about the rest of you but I have done 150 mph plus on the streets when I was 18. I set the cruise control on my car at the time at 150 and didn't even think there was anything wrong with it . Me and my friends were having a great time. The only thing I knew is I had control of the car.

You give me buggy with 1000+ hp I'm the idiot you need to worry about. I have a lot of common since . The big problem is I have no self control. I would be the poophole going balls out . I don't know about the rest of you but I have done 150 mph plus on the streets when I was 18. I set the cruise control on my car at the time at 150 and didn't even think there was anything wrong with it . Me and my friends were having a great time. The only thing I knew is I had control of the car.
Thats rather fast. Been well into the 100's on my bike, but couldn't really read the spedo from the vibration. Definitely over 120, it was scary as hell.

I feel what you guys are saying. It's all too true around here. We used to be able to hop on the dirt bikes and just go. Till the jerk offs started partying and doing drugs. That stopped pretty quick. Then we stared four wheeling (vehicles not atvs) had a close friend die when a trail gave way. It was her fault for not wearing her seat belt and hanging off the back of the cage. That didnt stop her family from suing the crap out of blackwoods. Then we went to paid orv parks, trucks dirt bikes and atvs all in one spot. To tell the truth I miss it horribly, but let me tell you what happens when a 7000lb truck comes over a hill at 10mph and smashes right into a quad going 60mph. The truck doesn't lose. So we had to sign waivers of liability. Ok the park isn't responsible for people being stupid on community trails. ( but let's get real for a moment. Anyone that wants to fly where they know there are much bigger vehicles then they are in/on is asking for trouble) needless to say the park is still there, but due to law suits and insurance requirements, we cant afford the $100.00 per day driver fees. I have many more examples of this. It's sad that we live this way now. I'm not old by any standards, but I remember a better time. When people were real, and took responsibility for their actions. They didnt rely on "well I didnt know blah, blag, blah" hey let's sue.

I've touched 160-65 ona few of my bike now o_O only for like a few seconds and thats poop scary fast imo....in that few seconds u/i will have covered a crazy distance....?.

Mate of mine, races an old eagle talon awd. It's quite cobbled together. Its topped out around 130 ish mph. It shakes so bad your teeth feel like they will fall out of your head. Scariest thing I've ever been in. Never been over 150 mph, in any land based vehicle.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks