Think I'll put this right here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is on my ERevo 2.0 street truck. I have two R1 fans spliced and soldiered to one lead which plugs into the lead for the R1 fans to my Rx pack. If your big on trying to get smooth consistent power to your ESC and are using a Ripple Killer, best to keep the fans on their own power source...however you have the trade off of extra weight from the battery.
20210123_212859.jpg
20210123_212751.jpg
20210123_212825-jpg.68767

20210123_213648.jpg

Attachments

• 20210123_212825.jpg
    20210123_212825.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 114
So Yeah I'm still working on this bad boy . LOL So have I mentioned I hate soldering freaking connectors. Finally finished soldering connector to the ESC and batteries. Wouldn't have been to bad but I soldered the wrong damn connectors to the the batteries and the ESC so I had to do it all over again.

I'm still waiting on a few little things . Then I can start throwing more parts at her .
20210208_200103.jpg

Looks like you made your ripple killer removable? That is pretty cool. How does it work when you remove it and close the loop? Not being a wise guy...but wouldnt that short the batteries as your tying your ground an positive together? By no means am I a wiring guru...just seems like it would be an issue.

Looks like you made your ripple killer removable? That is pretty cool. How does it work when you remove it and close the loop? Not being a wise guy...but wouldnt that short the batteries as your tying your ground an positive together? By no means am I a wiring guru...just seems like it would be an issue.
I really don't plan on removing the ripple killer. Just figured it would be easier to make it removable for working on the car and if the caps accidently go bang it will be easy to change out and replace. I saw someone else had done it this way and I thought it was a good idea.

Last edited:
You would just remove it and plug with a dummy. Do not connect them together, bad things would happen.

Perfect!! I would hate to see something and not say something if it was not a dummy. No offense to coops knowledge...just looking out!
Oh believe me I'm a noob to the electric stuff still :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Any advice is always appreciated. Boats were my first Electric RC's . So I still have a lot to learn I'm sure. I've been doing a lot of reading.

So I added a few more parts today . So I picked up a PPS adjustable motor mount . So the first thing was pulling the stock motor mount and the pulling the main chassis brace along with the front and rear braces.

First pic is install of the Rear Drive shaft support . Slides right on.
20210213_151822.jpg
Next up the PPS motor mount and rear bearing brace with the center spool.
20210213_153622.jpg20210213_153627.jpg
Installed the Motor onto the new 25mm Mount and slide and screwed her back onto the Motor Mount support. Then adjusted the gear lash. Not sure how much gear lash there should be all have to look in the manual but I think I'm pretty close on the play.
20210213_154957.jpgSo farther out probably this summer I may make it so that I can turn the Limitless into a GT . So I picked this up for the future. 2020 C8 Corvette body 2MM thick. I'll have to make some Carbon fiber Filler plated to put in on the sides between the wheels and pick up infraction front body mounts along with a few other bits and pieces.
20210213_165819.jpg
Now I'm waiting on the Aluminum Front and Rear chassis supports . Also ordered a Flysky 10 channel receiver that has dual antennas so I shouldn't have to worry about range.

Proverbial 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
20210213_165953.jpg

Hope I'll be able to get the body back on after I get everything installed.

Remember to add some tape weight on the front splitter under the body and lower the front end.

Here is my typhon v5. With just 22T pinion I got 75mph stock electronics.
PXL_20210222_031649943.jpg

So I got brave today and pulled the front end of the Limitless . Pulled the Aluminum parts out and installed the Carbon Fiber parts. What a pain in the ass.
20210304_200213.jpg20210304_200232.jpg

Tomorrow It will be time to put the Carbon Fiber Rear shock tower.
Remember to add some tape weight on the front splitter under the body and lower the front end.

Here is my typhon v5. With just 22T pinion I got 75mph stock electronics.
View attachment 70384
Where did you get the front bumper? I've been looking for one for my Typhon 6S V5.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks