Thinking about buying a touring car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigfla

I need some advice. I am in the US and just don't see a lot of info about 1/5th scale cars. I was thinking about an FG sportline but really have no idea. I don't intend to race I just want a fun road car to play with. I would like a painted body car but one I can buy an aftermarket body for and paint as I like. What should I look for and where?

Buy a FG sportsline. It's made as a starter road car. The car chassis that Doug mentioned is another animal all together and is ment for serious racing $$$.
Depending on what body your looking for, I can probaly find one for you. FG also has painted and unpainted bodies,then there's the aftermarket.
I would suggest getting a older car for money savings,plus you can find upgraded ones for cheaper. FG has a new line of cars out if you want the latest.
I haven't checked them out but there's new materials and slight design changes.
I'm in the US also, so you can reach me if you need help.

Buy a FG sportsline. It's made as a starter road car. The car chassis that Doug mentioned is another animal all together and is ment for serious racing $$$.
Depending on what body your looking for, I can probaly find one for you. FG also has painted and unpainted bodies,then there's the aftermarket.
I would suggest getting a older car for money savings,plus you can find upgraded ones for cheaper. FG has a new line of cars out if you want the latest.
I haven't checked them out but there's new materials and slight design changes.
I'm in the US also, so you can reach me if you need help.
Thank you. I will reach out if and when I decide to buy. I liked the Sportsline models and was leaning towards one of the Porsches. I had a nice 911 before I was married with kids..... Lol. I toyed with the idea of painting up a police cruiser or something with an aftermarket body if I ended up buying one. Is there a particular forum where guys list their cars for sale other than this one (Ebay?)? I am a member of more than one dead large scale forum and none seem to have any current car activity. I am just kinda mulling it over at the moment but I have always really wanted a touring car or even a nice rally.

https://rc-car-online.de/en-.html has got everything
[/QUOTEjus
He's in the states and if buying used,eBay. If new then there's several choices.
When he makes up his mind on what he wants, then we'll go from there.
Believe me I know just about every nook and cranny to finding FGs + parts.??

4wd. We race the sportline here in Texas and are a ton of fun. Plus ddm is here in the states and has pretty much all the parts you'll need.

Treat it like a rtr out of the box and go over the grub screws (especially the layshaft on that goes to the diff) and you should be fine.

Pay attention to what wheelbase you go with. The 510 and the 530 chassis bodies are not cross compatible. The Porsche you mentioned is a 510 car and not all parts are cross compatible as well.

Good luck!

I mostly just lurk around here but I'm glad that sigfla ask this question. If you notice, Dave's Discount Motors is out of stock on all the
FG road cars. Is this just due to the current conditions around the world or is he getting out of the 1/5 scale touring car business? I've been
looking at them a few months and slowly the supply has been drying up.

Been asking myself that very question?‍♂️
I mostly just lurk around here but I'm glad that sigfla ask this question. If you notice, Dave's Discount Motors is out of stock on all the
FG road cars. Is this just due to the current conditions around the world or is he getting out of the 1/5 scale touring car business? I've been
looking at them a few months and slowly the supply has been drying up.

I was told:
That getting stock now is difficult but when the world returns and they can, they'll restock.
You can actually order cars from germany + UK on eBay in the last few weeks.
FG + parts suppliers have increased on ebay. I just received some fg parts from the U.K.
It only took less then 7 days.

Last edited:
It's due to covid. I happen to know one of the guys that does imports for HARM and his shipments have been held up in New Jersey for about 3+ weeks now. Can get parts and all from Germany direct but shipping is a bit more.

I wonder some times if most of the parts or these cars are really made in China but assembled in there home country so they can claim it’s made there. I know some speaker company that gets all there components made in China but assembled in USA so the can claim made in USA

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks