Thinning out electric Raminator wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deviltrigger529

Hey guys, I've had my raminator for about 4 months now, almost immediately converted it to electric because I've always been an electric guy. I also immediately started using a lipo instead of the included NiMH, and the V3 receiver box is a PITA with the 4 screws.

I'm going to go the Kevin Talbot route and use the V2 mounting plate and receiver box, and I also want to get rid of the main power switch and charging port and all that because I don't need it anymore and because there's no room for it with the V2 receiver box.

I've been into RCs for a long time, but I've gotten into the bigger RCs in the last few years, and I haven't used any systems like this where the brakes use a separate battery and servo, so the wiring is new to me.

Can anyone help a guy out with cleaning up this wiring?

Thumb screws, I personally thought the tiny box on the v2 was terriblebut to each their own. 20230312_121212.jpg

Attachments

• 20230312_121216.jpg
    20230312_121216.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 6
Thumb screws, I personally thought the tiny box on the v2 was terriblebut to each their own. View attachment 86181
Hmm, that's actually not a bad idea. If I still had the gas setup that would be a great solution. With the electric conversion though, I don't need the charging port or the main power switch, and I've also started having issues with that switch. The last time I ran the truck it took 20 flips of the switch to finally get power. I shook all of the wires and nothing changed until it decided to work.

Do you have a link to those thumbscrews? Maybe I'll give them a try first.

I agree I don’t like the V3 box either
I liked the old setup better with the battery outside
You could get the wiring harness from the v2 and just swap it out
Otherwise you will have to wire up a different switch probably unless you can use the switch that turns the volt meter on or off. That switch looks the same as the switch on the v2 trucks
Since your all electric you could eliminate the switch altogether and just plug the battery in to power everything up

I agree I don’t like the V3 box either
I liked the old setup better with the battery outside
You could get the wiring harness from the v2 and just swap it out
Otherwise you will have to wire up a different switch probably unless you can use the switch that turns the volt meter on or off. That switch looks the same as the switch on the v2 trucks
Since your all electric you could eliminate the switch altogether and just plug the battery in to power everything up
Yup, I kept looking over it more after I posted and that's exactly what I planned on doing, and eliminating the voltage display and the charging port/switch as well since I don't need them. If I do go with the smaller receiver box I wouldn't have room for those switches anyway.

I'd love to help but you included pictures SOOOOO,,,, 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤑🤑🤑 I'm completely , financially , invested in my vesla creation , so down the road I'll be getting a gravedigger , you guys keep teaching me what needs to be done , as I'm in the holding pattern on the digger , and thanx for the learning curve , this is GRRRRREAT ! STUFF !!!!

Yup, I kept looking over it more after I posted and that's exactly what I planned on doing, and eliminating the voltage display and the charging port/switch as well since I don't need them. If I do go with the smaller receiver box I wouldn't have room for those switches anyway.
Im using a js performance box. We'll see how that works, it came with the roller i bought. Think i can get everything in it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230319_195818307.jpg
    PXL_20230319_195818307.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 14
I just ordered a better rocker switch myself. 30Amp rated, and plan to replace the 18AWG with some 14 or 12AWG wiring, and run a longer length of it while shortening the small servo cable leads. Ideally the thicker 12 or 14AWG wire should run just about to the front of the truck and the overall length of the signal wires should be shortened as well.

When I get the chance I'll have to make a much beefier harness. It's pretty flaky at best unfortunately and kind of dangerous for such a large truck. That and the poop brake setup ... everything else is pretty sweet I find though :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks