Third channel option...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t2boats

I've got a 3-channel 2.4Ghz radio set on my baja, at the moment the third channel is redundant and I was thinking of somehow setting it up to engage a kill command for the engine. Anyone ever done this or would know how to set it up? Can things be wired up or do I have to make use of a small servo which can strike the red kill switch.. :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance!

ah ha, interesting (so that's what a killer bee is, ha!) v3 looks a good option, that way when it's on the track the marshal can stop the engine too, which is a requirement at our track.
so i take it it simply plugs into the receivers' third channel and when the signal's received from my controller it stops the engine. :)

thanks car-killer!

ah ha, interesting (so that's what a killer bee is, ha!) v3 looks a good option, that way when it's on the track the marshal can stop the engine too, which is a requirement at our track.
so i take it it simply plugs into the receivers' third channel and when the signal's received from my controller it stops the engine. :)

thanks car-killer!

You can use your existing kill switch and wire it to it. And yes plug into the 3rd channel, you can remotely kill the engine with the 3rd channel switch.
it will also kill the engine if you loose, signal or battery power to the receiver and if you turn your transmitter off.

well worth the money and a must have. It could save you plenty of money in the event of a runaway :D

yeah i just watched their videos on the website, good stuff. yep, that's what i plan on doing, use my existing kill switch!

thanks chaps!

I won't run without a killer B. I just ordered 2 more. My buds razz me for not even starting my new fg baja, but until my kill switch arrives it will stay on the shelf and I'll drive something else.

yes it's a certainty that i'm buying one, the car just has the fail safe at the mo'... i like the idea of it shutting the engine down if i were to lose either power source, and / or i can do it remotely.

if you see yourself eventually getting front brakes and your radio supports channel mixing, you may want to set up your third channel for brakes. that way from the radio you can adjust your brake bias on the fly. now you can still have a killswitch, use a killerbee v2 or v2s (depending on your radio), it hookes to a channel with a y cable, usually the steering channel, and it monitors the signal. if the signal is lost, power is lost, or you shut your radio off it kills the engine. this allows you to have a killswitch and keep channel 3 clear.

i also wont even fire my car up without a functioning killswitch. i even check it every time i run, make sure its functioning correctly.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks