Thoughts on a Fid Dragon Hammer V2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossi

Hi all im going to buy a primal raminator at the end of the year but for now I'm interested in buying a FID dragon hammer I'm not into racing more of a basher and need that extra suspension travel to stop the car bottoming out over the jumps just wanted to get advice on a good reliable engine air filters and servos for this car top speed isn't that important to me I would prefer an engine with more low end grunt for off-road also is there ant known faults for these cars
Hi all im going to buy a primal raminator at the end of the year but for now I'm interested in buying a FID dragon hammer I'm not into racing more of a basher and need that extra suspension travel to stop the car bottoming out over the jumps just wanted to get advice on a good reliable engine air filters and servos for this car top speed isn't that important to me I would prefer an engine with more low end grunt for off-road also is there ant known faults for these cars
I should also add that this will be my first large scale truck always had 1/10 and 1/8 nitro so any help will be very much appreciated

I don't think we have any dragonhammer owners on the board atm. But from what I have gathered it is a pretty solid basher and is very upgradable. I want one myself at some point. But I am not entirely sure what you are asking. Are you asking for an engine to fit the dragonhammer?

welcme dude....(y)
as said..hitec d840-845 servos.....at least a zenoha g32 engine......kill switch is a must...….pull start cover/shock socks/filter covers r def needed imo…...the dh2 comes with pretty much all the ally ud ever need on a 1/5th...o_O...obv there's stuff u can still add no doubt....(y) yep there blue=waterproof.(y)..I run these on all my 1/5ths....(y)
btw I do have sum very nice/tidy/sorted 1/5th`s for sale......(y)...jus saying...;)..where in the uk r u??

Last edited:
I don't think we have any dragonhammer owners on the board atm. But from what I have gathered it is a pretty solid basher and is very upgradable. I want one myself at some point. But I am not entirely sure what you are asking. Are you asking for an engine to fit the dragonhammer?
Yeah the only dragon hammers I could find are rollers but I prefer that you learn a lot more about the cars when you have to do a bit of work yourself it's just I'm new to large scale and wanted to no if there was a certain make engine that is solid and reliable that I should be looking at. Every review I've seen of this car has been good but some times you get a more honest opinion on the forums of certain vehicles just doesn't seem to be that many owners of this style car
welcme dude....(y)
as said..hitec d840-845 servos.....at least a zenoha g32 engine......kill switch is a must...….pull start cover/shock socks/filter covers r def needed imo…...the dh2 comes with pretty much all the ally ud ever need on a 1/5th...o_O...obv there's stuff u can still add no doubt....(y) yep there blue=waterproof.(y)..I run these on all my 1/5ths....(y)
btw I do have sum very nice/tidy/sorted 1/5th`s for sale......(y)...jus saying...;)..where in the uk r u??
I live in Croydon the only real reason I want a dragon hammer is because of the suspension travel with the solid rear axle I don't treat my trucks nice I go out of my way to take the biggest jumps and take them over the roughest terrain I can I was going to buy a fg Mt but with the release of the primal raminator I think I'll wait for that

Last edited:
u cant go wrong with a Zenoah engine...(y)….but the dhs do like to go slow round turns...as they like to tip over if going too fast…..(n)…….. on my mates form theres a dude whos putting hid dh v2 on a diet...and he`s very knowable on the dh also...(y)..chk it out.... [URL]http://anythingrc.co.uk/thread/81/spents-obr-twin-dragon-hammer?page=1[/URL]
http://anythingrc.co.uk/thread/81/spents-obr-twin-dragon-hammer?page=1
also has a twin in it...:oops:

Last edited:
u cant go wrong with a Zenoah engine...(y)….but the dhs do like to go slow round turns...as they like to tip over if going too fast…..(n)…….. on my mates form theres a dude whos putting hid dh v2 on a diet...and he`s very knowable on the dh also...(y)..chk it out.... [URL]http://anythingrc.co.uk/thread/81/spents-obr-twin-dragon-hammer?page=1[/URL]

That's a proper beast. Ive got a couple of hpi savage nitros so I'm used to having to deal with the cars having to corner slow to stop them rolling but still it's fun to roll them sometimes ?
Thanks all for the info I'll be buying the DH when I get the money together and all the parts you all have mentioned also I'm looking at getting all the upgraded rear axle parts from the DH voltz 12s and putting them on it hopefully I'll have a seriously good basher by the end of it

Last edited:

Holy poop! That is bad ass, and sound like a piped triple snowmobile. Anymore videos of this beast

That thing is sick .
I seem to remember watching a review of the DH by RCMaxx and they mentioned putting 1inch wheel spacers on it to cure the rolling over bit in turns .

That's one hell of a ride, but must be set rich just to not overheat!!

For the Primal, I'd start working out first - it's a heavy beast.

I LOVE IT, but many are having a few .... doubts.

Looks like it runs mini-moto engine / clutch - there are modified units out there but some are saying 'it appears underpowered' ....

ALWAYS the prime, classic R/C comment ... then we know what happens ... undriveable!!

Good calls, excellent rides .... and if/as/when you get the Primal, start an owners thread!!

Al.

Last edited:
welcme dude....(y)
What you sellin evssv?

Nice one, I’m thinking about an MT but 1/10 or 1/8 the buggy is interesting me.

Isn’t there a engine size limitation with the MCD buggy?
Rossi, where do you run you cars? I’m in the London area.

Youll love the V2 Dragon, i have an obr 34 reed with hitec d840 / 845 servos as previously mentioned. Drives great but top end would be better if the dragon lost some weight. This is a fantastic crossover between a basher and a short course (imo).

That's one hell of a ride, but must be set rich just to not overheat!!

For the Primal, I'd start working out first - it's a heavy beast.

I LOVE IT, but many are having a few .... doubts.

Looks like it runs mini-moto engine / clutch - there are modified units out there but some are saying 'it appears underpowered' ....

ALWAYS the prime, classic R/C comment ... then we know what happens ... undriveable!!

Good calls, excellent rides .... and if/as/when you get the Primal, start an owners thread!!

Al.
I'm not overly worried about it being under powered tbh as long as it drives and behaves like a real Mt but I will wait until Christmas before buying one because the potential mechanical issues it could have
Nice one, I’m thinking about an MT but 1/10 or 1/8 the buggy is interesting me.

Isn’t there a engine size limitation with the MCD buggy?
Rossi, where do you run you cars? I’m in the London area.
I haven't had my cars out for about a year now got fed up tuning the nitros every time the wind changed but I was running them in new Addington plenty of fields and no one moans
Youll love the V2 Dragon, i have an obr 34 reed with hitec d840 / 845 servos as previously mentioned. Drives great but top end would be better if the dragon lost some weight. This is a fantastic crossover between a basher and a short course (imo).
At first I was looking at the 5t then i see the vekta but it seemed to have a lot of bad reviews then I see that losi was making a short course with the solid rear axle but I could only find brushless versions nothing against electric I just wouldn't have one then I see the DH on you tube and 99% of the reviews of this car are good couple of minor issues that they seem to have sorted out with the V2 I'm sold that extra suspension travel will suit me I'm not a racer so I don't need ultimate speed or perfect handling I just needed something that could take a bit of a beating and get some decent air

Quick question with the car being nose heavy will the solid axle from the voltz be a worth while option or a waste of money

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks