Thoughts on the KM Blade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larcor69

Doing homework looking for a lsg, was wondering what's your opinion on a king motor blade, I am sure it's the same chassis as there other buggy, just a cool looking sxs buggy, thanks for your opinions

As cool as the chassis looks your going to hate all those openings . The reason I say this is the truck/buggy acts like a lawnmower. All those opening allow it to catch grass and all kinds of debris.

If you get this they sell plates that go on the inside that can cover them or seal them with screen and epoxy. It took me 3 hours to clean all the grass out of my BAJA the first time I used it. Boy was I surprised . Also your first mods should be outerwaers for the pull start and the engine case . Be ready to pull your car apart .(y)

As cool as the chassis looks your going to hate all those openings . The reason I say this is the truck/buggy acts like a lawnmower. All those opening allow it to catch grass and all kinds of debris.

If you get this they sell plates that go on the inside that can cover them or seal them with screen and epoxy. It took me 3 hours to clean all the grass out of my BAJA the first time I used it. Boy was I surprised . Also your first mods should be outerwaers for the pull start and the engine case . Be ready to pull your car apart .(y)
What he said

Larcor69,
I recently purchased the Rovan truck , basically a twin to the KM's. Keep in mind these kits are carelessly slapped together from the factory in China and they will offer entry level fun but I chose to strip my Rovan right down to a box of parts and completely "blueprint" and reassemble with care. It was a REAL wake up call ! Read through my threads and be prepared to learn. The Rovan / KM's are cheap and allow new 1/5 hobbist's the opportunity to get into the sport. I definitely learned a lot ! Good luck !

Larcor69,
I recently purchased the Rovan truck , basically a twin to the KM's. Keep in mind these kits are carelessly slapped together from the factory in China and they will offer entry level fun but I chose to strip my Rovan right down to a box of parts and completely "blueprint" and reassemble with care. It was a REAL wake up call ! Read through my threads and be prepared to learn. The Rovan / KM's are cheap and allow new 1/5 hobbist's the opportunity to get into the sport. I definitely learned a lot ! Good luck !
AMENNNNNN lol

The curved A-arms front and back (the straight type is the cheap kind), are the good ones, almost RPM strong. I am on my second set of front wheels, hubs, and front chassis (bent to the right on a very bad jump landing), and the A-arms did not break, so no need to replace.

I like the Blade, have seen a few videos, currently got the Baja (god forbid I say 5B lol), and thinking on buying the conversion kit.

A must, killer switch, at least rear shock limiters, and all those fancy chassis and engine braces (yes, they do work), learned my lesson, (cracked the pull start metal plate jumping), must buy front chassis plate, cnc intake manifold (get rid of that garbage plastic type), and do thread lock (red type) metal to metal bolts, and as weird as it may seem, I use clear nail polish on metal bolts to plastic, creates a good seal, and holds them well. Use 50 or 60K for the differential. The stock 360 muffler, is so so, too restrictive for such a big engine, be on the market for a nicer pipe.

Like I said, I specifically don't have the Blade, which is basically a Baja with a kit with some minor changes, and its a good platform. The stock servos are kinda cheap, and be watchful with the spark plug. Some are cheap cheap garbage which send interference to the radio. I almost destroyed my baja on its first day, thought it was the rx, or throttle servo, and it was the spark plug, remove and discard, don't even put it on your parts bin.

good luck

*this is from my experience, things may have improved, may have gotten worst, but so far thats what I have had to deal with with my 5th 2wd.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks