Throttle Linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky

I've noticed on my carb that the butterfly only opens about half way with full throttle on the controller (engine not running). There's a ton of sloppy play in the lever system at the servo. I've turned down the travel on the servo to 60% because any farther and it's just squeezing the rubber hose way too much. 60 has a good amount of squeeze. What I'm getting at is that the lever system doesn't allow enough travel on the rod going to the carb. I can pull on the arm to get the butterfly fully open. Anyone else have their carb opening only to half open? I'm thinking I might have to rig up a cable/return spring system

You'll need to reset the collars at the servo horn and pivot:
By moving the collars, you will get more travel at the carb. butterfly. Get everything snug and straight, so the throttle return spring doesn't stick like in this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
The collar that is on the rod going to the carb is butt up against a plastic collar that is attached to the lever mechanism. Part of the plastic collar makes contact with the step part of the servo, stopping the throttle from opening further. I've tried moving the collars around and resetting the horn but fact is, there's just not enough movement on the rod from the servo. I flipped one of the rod holders around which made it better. I might make a new lever with longer and altered angles. So, before I do, am I the only one with this problem or does everyone's butterfly open half way?

Ok, had a brain fart:/ moved the collars and it's working fine. Thanks revolauncher. Just one of those things that you've got your mind set on doing it one way lol. I'll be ok.......I think.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks