Throttle Servo not responding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bear_king101

Hi everybody - I am new to this hobby and new to this forum.

I recently bought a King Motor Baja 26cc KSRC-001 for my son and immediately run into trouble - it looks like I lost the throttle action on the Transmitter (KM-GT3B) to the buggy...
Everything worked fine the first time I started the engine and pressed the throttle trigger on the Transmitter. I did one complete engine break-in cycle and powered off the engine. However, I switched off the power switch on the transmitter first and then the receiver switch on the buggy. I noticed an intermittent flushing red light on the R/C unit on the buggy for a few moments, before I realized that I had switched off the units in reverse order. The next time I started the engine and gently pulled the 'trigger' on the Transmitter, I got no reaction from the buggy; the buggy runs on idle and the transmitter trigger has no communication to the throttle servo. However, steering is still responding.

Is this something that I can fix or is my throttle servo damaged already?
Except the red flusshing light from the R/C unit on the buggy there was no strange noise, smoke or any sign of 'burned servo'.

Is there a way to reset the R/C unit / transmitter comms?

Any troubleshooting suggestions will be very welcome, since my son is seriously cross with me for breaking his present before we even started enjoying it...:(

Thanks,
Bear_king101

Check the connection between the servo and the receiver, pull it off and Inspect the cable and connector, reconnect it to the receiver and test it. Check the throttle link from the servo to the carburetor. If no luck, the servo can be tested switching it to the steering chanel. (The working chanel)
If it works te receiver must be replaced, if not the servo is gone.
good luck.

Last edited:
L.S ,
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Looks like my throttle servo is gone. I switched the steering and throttle servos around and the throttle servo still didn't work. So, now I am in search of a new throttle servo...
From different discussion forums it sounds like the HITEC servos are pretty good. Do you have any personal experience with HITEC and perhaps a servo recommendation?

Finally, do you think that I should proactively be looking for a steering servo too?

Thanks again and have a great Memorial weekend.
Bear_king101

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks