Throttle servo specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amp3d

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what the throttle specs are for the stock km. I picked up a km a bit ago and Gunna pick up another servo maybe as a backup when this dies, but I just wanted to know how strong the stock setup is

The stock one is weak. I have a 425oz higtec hv in mine and couldnt be happier with it. It may be a little overkill but i like it. Cant rember the model number off hand will look at it when i get home.

if you get another Throttle servo get a hitec 7955T titanium gears, and way more torque specs, which is needed for brake part of that servo. alot of fellow baja'ers use this servo. some use another, but really only bout 2 different ones have i ever heard mentioned, and one being the 7955T which is what i have on mine, and for steering, in case you want to know that, i have the 5755 hitec on mine, read a few different ones used ofr that application, and remember on a hitec, if it goes out, you can send it in, with a application form and after you register them with hitec, and they fix or repair it. the first 5755 i had on mine burnt up while still in setting it up, and i did the stuff, sent it in, and they replaced it for free.

if you get another Throttle servo get a hitec 7955T titanium gears, and way more torque specs, which is needed for brake part of that servo. alot of fellow baja'ers use this servo. some use another, but really only bout 2 different ones have i ever heard mentioned, and one being the 7955T which is what i have on mine, and for steering, in case you want to know that, i have the 5755 hitec on mine, read a few different ones used ofr that application, and remember on a hitec, if it goes out, you can send it in, with a application form and after you register them with hitec, and they fix or repair it. the first 5755 i had on mine burnt up while still in setting it up, and i did the stuff, sent it in, and they replaced it for free.

I too am running the 5755 for steering on mine.
The reason I ask about the throttle is because I'm still running stock, and a friend had some servos laying around he gave me that are un-used and I was wondering if I should replace the stock one that is currently working.

One of them being a Hobbico CS-150. Any ideas how that stacks up?

Heres the specs for the cs150

This is the Hobbico Standard Size Digital
High Torque Dual Ball Bearing Metal Gear Servo.

FEATURES: Ideal for use in nitro or electric boats, cars, helis and .20-1.20
size airplanes
Modern microprocessors help reduce the response time from
transmitter input to servo reaction
One year warranty

INCLUDES: High Torque Ball Bearing Metal Gear Servo with Universal connector
and 10" (254mm) lead, .94" (24mm) diameter round horn,
1.4" (37mm) double sided horn, .94" (24mm) single sided horn,
1.2" (31mm) star shaped horn and mounting hardware

SPECS: Speed: at 4.8V = .26 sec @ 6V = .21 sec
Torque: 4.8V = 162 oz-in (11.66 kg/cm)
6V = 193 oz-in (13.89 kg/cm)
Length: 1.58" (40.1mm)
Width: .77" (19.5mm)
Height: 1.49" (37.9mm)
Weight: 1.89oz (53.5g)
Lead Length: 10" (254mm)

Its a ok servo better then stock. This is the one i use.

This is the HS-7954SH High-Voltage Ultra Torque Digital Servo from Hitec.

FEATURES: Ideal for giant scale planes, large helicopters, rock crawlers,
monster trucks, 1/8 scale trucks and buggies and anywhere a high
performance, high torque servo is needed
Coreless motor for precise centering and accuracy
G2 programmable digital circuit, programmable features include;
Dead Band Width Speed (reduction)
Fail Safe Position Direction (CW/CCW)
Fail Safe On/Off End Points
Overload Protection Resolution High/Low
Steel gears for much longer life than conventional metal gears
Nine O-rings for extra resistance to moisture and dust
Capable of operating on two cell LiPo packs

INCLUDES: HS-7954SH High-Voltage Ultra Torque Servo, 1.8" (45mm) diameter round
horn, 2.3" (59mm) long double sided horn, 2.8" (72mm) long double
sided horn, 1.3" (34mm) single sided horn, 0.83" (21mm) single
sided aluminum horn, 0.98" (25mm) single sided horn, four each
grommets, eyelets and mounting screws, instruction sheet

REQUIRES: Installing in model and connecting to control linkage and receiver

SPECS: Size: 1.57 x 0.78 x 1.45" (40 x 20 x 37mm)
Weight: 2.30oz (65.2g)
6.0V 7.4V
Speed: 0.15 sec 0.12 sec
Torque: 333 oz/in 403 oz/in
Wire Size: 22 gauge twisted wire with gold plated connectors
Drivetrain Type: Dual ball bearing

COMMENTS: This servo can be programmed with any Hitec digital servo
programmer. However, the Overload Protection and Resolution High/
Low can only be programmed with the HFP-20 (HRCM4430), HPP-21
(HRCM4420) or the HPP-21+ (HRCM4421)

Last edited:
i took his advise not too long ago and could not be happier with the hitec servos he mentioned..really woke up my t1000..HUGE difference!!!:w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks