Throttle servo suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

Meli's Mutilator uses a 1/4 scale servo for the throttle/brake. Do you guys think I should buy a new 1/4 servo, or should I put my stock FG servo tray in it and put in a descent, standard sized servo?

As it is right now, this thing has no brakes. I mean they work, but well enough for how fast it is! (it can just about keep up with my FG!) The factory 1/4 scale servo is about as slow as they get (I would guess about a .25-.30 second transit time) plus it's weak as hell!

I have my old servo tray and a Hitec 645. I think that would be plenty for the little buggy tires considering that servo would lock up my M/T tires.

What do you guys think?

P.S. This was almost catastrophic...
NewCamera242-1.jpg
Luckily when it started to run away, my ankle was there to stop it! That's 2 ankle shots in 2 days! Time for Pico's...

tough call. my young friend has a hobby pro and the servo mount had some problems. I made servo trays for both my fg's and gave him mine and it didn't fit without modifications. that's an on road mind you.

1/4 scale servos are pretty cheap. or you could make your own tray out of aluminum or carbon. I bought some cheap digi's of fleebay, 2 for $25, and they work good. I got it for a use for now alternative when things were tight moneywise, and has been on my steering for over a year now. I see no reason to change it now. strong and fast

Wow, 1/4 scale for throttle/brake. Can't imagine the stopping power of a 1/4 scale Hitec in it? I would think a 5745 may be slower then a standard size but how the heck could you damage it as a throttle/brake servo? It would also be cheaper then a real good standard high torque servo. One thing I can say is buy a KILLSWITCH!!:laugh:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks