Tightening your pull start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
I may be late on this but I have never heard anyone talk about it?

Anyone ever seen that little notch cut out of the white pull start holder like the one in the photo below?

media.jpg

Today my neighbor came over with his pull start hanging out about 8".
I thought to myself "There has to be a way to recoil this without disassembly?"
"BANG" It hit me the dang thing is there so you can tighten the spring!!
This is how its done:
Take your rope and pull it out slightly or if its already hanging out pull a bit more out and hold the rope tight in your hand.
Hold the white housing still so as to not let it move and take the rope and feed a small amount back into the housing.
Take the slack that you fed in and pull it straight up and turn the white housing until the cut out is right in front of the exit hole and in line with the rope you are holding.
Now take the rope and put it in the cut out.
Twist the white housing tighter as the rope is in the cut out and the rope will stay in place and run around the outside housing and not recoil or extend and the spring will get tighter.
You now can let go and the rope will pull in.
You can adjust it until it is as tight as you want.

You just tightened the spring without disassembly.

Video How-To:

th_MOV04908.jpg

Last edited:
Great Tip..yeah I noticed the notch before..But gave it a sorta no mind look..like ok there's a notch there...thought maybe the way it was made.....AkaSlawhammer

I have never seen or heard of it in any manufactuer info or any forums before? I've taken the dang thing apart to do it in the past.:bored:

Thanks!!! Great how-to! Those recoil springs are long as hell (when you don't know what you are doing and yank it apart) Plus the side of the spring can cut your upper lip!!!! Don't ask!

Trip..

Thanks!!! Great how-to! Those recoil springs are long as hell (when you don't know what you are doing and yank it apart) Plus the side of the spring can cut your upper lip!!!! Don't ask!
Trip..

:lol::lol: I don't think we have too. Can just imagine. :lol::lol:

I hate searching for stuff like this when I need it. Can someone PLEASE make this a sticky? I think it's useful. I now have an extra pull starter!

nice! never realized this, I would always undo the knot, pull it back through and wind it tighter that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks