Tillotson Carbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

Has anyone here used a Tillotson Carb? I was told yesterday by a very well known engine builder and tuner that they are the best, way better than Walbro and they swear by them.

Any experiences out there?

Cheers,

Milo.
I used to use them Kart racing , not sure how much better they are than a Walbro but they are more $$ top RaCE kARTS use them all the time. \

They’re not that expensive for RCs, around £50 or $60 for a modded one. Apparently the Walbros are at the limit on a tuned engine but Tillotsons handle them with ease and flow fuel and air better which equals more power.

I dunno though, this is what I’m being told so wanted to know if anyone tried. Also they have a remote primer but not sure how that would affect performance.

Tbh were so fixated on a few carbs in this hobby its pathetic. I have a few laying around never mess with them much. Just not popular on much of anything. There's few tricks to get the smaller walbro to flow more fuel. What engine are you looking for? Running walbros and a few zamas up over 100cc engines. We keep jumping up to a wj series carb from the wt carbs, and theres plenty of carbs In between. Just need to find one that will work for what you need.

I’m thinking of getting a couple and trying them out on a few of my engines, namely the BZM I’ve just acquired and my Scott Finlay MXPro340 and soon to own Oddified NXRB G320 which is probably around 33cc. All are supposed to produce between 8 to 9.5 hp. I think/ have been told. I don't know the torque figures but they come alive at different RPMs.

I’m thinking of getting a couple and trying them out on a few of my engines, namely the BZM I’ve just acquired and my Scott Finlay MXPro340 and soon to own Oddified NXRB G320 which is probably around 33cc. All are supposed to produce between 8 to 9.5 hp. I think/ have been told. I don't know the torque figures but they come alive at different RPMs.
Yeah tbh your tight in the heart of the 1107/990 with those. May need to tweak the metering over a bit for more fuel, or set your pop pressure lower. But they are rated to 50cc by walbro. don't even know where to start with a tilly with out looking into it.

Hmm. Which carbs work? I'm thinking about trying to doing a mod which requires a poop load of air and fuel
Whatever carb you feel like running. Most of them share the same bolt spacing, or close to the same so it's not typically a major issue to swap them about.
Been doing some looking. Looks like something in the HE series would work well enough have to look in my stash, he 19a specs out good 16.5mm venturi and 19mm bore. Used on 65 and 70cc saws, (I actually have one atm down stairs with this carb on) see if I have a spare and how it would bolt up to our size engine. You got me thinking now milo lol

Last edited:
miles, if i remember right mark35 has some experience with the tillotson carbs (y) ,
if he sees the thread name he may jump in with some info,
Good memory you have Paul, that was years ago?
I did have a tilliston and it worked OK but I thought did not perform as well as the 990 from walbro, I actually sent it to Dean (bonehead Rc) to have a play with and he tested it and found it did not offer the same rpm as the 990 confirming my suspicions.
Sortly after that I sold it to some twat on msuk (not you Mike some other twat) ???

I did have a tilliston and it worked OK but I thought did not perform as well as the 990 from walbro, I actually sent it to Dean (bonehead Rc) to have a play with and he tested it and found it did not offer the same rpm as the 990 confirming my suspicions.
Sortly after that I sold it to some twat on msuk (not you Mike some other twat) ???
Was it a modded one from MMR Mark?

i have a memory like a heffalump mark (y)(y):ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks