Time to replace it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I've went out to bash before and had dead batteries I always check power before I leave. Typically just from my tx display. I was fully charged last night. Made it like 3/8 of a tank before I ran over myself.

Took it out today tx read like 5.8-6.2v good to go. Was causing through a field and it died on me. Kill switch was beeping at me. I'm like that's weird. Heard the crackle and the smoke started billowing from it. I had it torn down in seconds.

So what happened...no idea. All was well. Til something happened with battery

Replace it Or dispose of it safely.
As said not worth the risk,it could potentially blow at anytime.
Is the internal casing damaged also?,cause if it is - timebomb waiting and you might not be around when it decides you need a new house or garage. Ive been thru a fire from a 1200 and its was insane how much fire and heat is unloaded. Luckily it was on the edge of a ss sink and i swept it in threw a metal pot ontop,don't know how the curtains didnt go up but the drainboard and surrounding items still have black colored soot damage that don't come off.
I'd err on the side of being caution,at worse be sure to store in a cool location and in a metal/suitable container away from anything flammable, just incase.??
Lesson learned i'll never forget with a lipo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks