Tire Mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnum

Building my F1 and trying to mount the tires. Why, I have no idea as it is no where near ready for them.

But I have weak upper arm strength and finally struggled to get the tires over the foam and rims. Now I need to glue. I stopped using CA a long time ago, since it will cause big time allergies. Anyone know of an alternate way to glue the tires on the rims?

Mods.. Feel free to move this post if not the right area, but it is more F1 related.

Building my F1 and trying to mount the tires. Why, I have no idea as it is no where near ready for them.

But I have weak upper arm strength and finally struggled to get the tires over the foam and rims. Now I need to glue. I stopped using CA a long time ago, since it will cause big time allergies. Anyone know of an alternate way to glue the tires on the rims?

Mods.. Feel free to move this post if not the right area, but it is more F1 related.

i don't know anything about f1 tires or wheels but do they have a beed lock ?

They do need to be done with CA glue, have you got a buddy who'll do them for you?

If you're looking at using the kit tyres (I assume it's a new kit) then I wouldn't bother as they're not much use, look at the GRP or Roadie F1 tyres, the come pre glued, they work and they're a good price.

@outtaluck, non of the FG range use beadlocks, I would certainly never use them with an on road car because of the heat and stresses put on the tyres when it's on the track.

They do need to be done with CA glue, have you got a buddy who'll do them for you?

If you're looking at using the kit tyres (I assume it's a new kit) then I wouldn't bother as they're not much use, look at the GRP or Roadie F1 tyres, the come pre glued, they work and they're a good price.

@outtaluck, non of the FG range use beadlocks, I would certainly never use them with an on road car because of the heat and stresses put on the tyres when it's on the track.

Thanks for the info, I will look into them tonight. I do have someone who might can help, just hate asking sometimes, but know he wont mind.

This is a new competition kit, I wanted to use the tires for show, so they will never really see much track or road time.

Thanks for the info, I will look into them tonight. I do have someone who might can help, just hate asking sometimes, but know he wont mind.

This is a new competition kit, I wanted to use the tires for show, so they will never really see much track or road time.

If you've managed to mount all the tyres then you don't need to glue them if the car will just stand on them - They really are not bothering with as a useable tyre though.

If you've managed to mount all the tyres then you don't need to glue them if the car will just stand on them - They really are not bothering with as a useable tyre though.

Actually I have several sets. The kit came with PMT fronts and rears, the fronts were mounted the rears came unmounted and no rears, so I worked a deal with DDM for some GRP's and rims. BTW. They are great to work with.

Speaking of beadlocks, one of the tire sets came with a carbon ring.. Not sure how it installs, kinda odd. Not sure if it came with the GRP or PMT. During some recent Tornadoes that did major damage in my area, I stuffed everything in a bin and stowed away. Sorting through now and I should have a set of GRP rears somewhere.

I am rambling I know... But just curious about the rings and how they should be installed.

ok, figured it out for those. The tires I bought do not go around the front of the rims. The black rings are made to go around the front and mount the tire. If I can get a pic I tomorrow I will. Bottom line do not like the tires so will look/but new ones. Just need to make sure I can get the right ones.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks