tire ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfen

i was wondering if someone can help me i have a FS 4wd buggy with hpi wheel adapters and i was wondering if i could some opinions on which tires would be good for all around bashing

thanx Wolfen

i was wondering if the proline excavator xtr tirs & desperado rims would work
would there be any rubbing
whould they be too big
i know i would have to change the gearing

thanx wolfen

i was wondering if the proline excavator xtr tirs & desperado rims would work
would there be any rubbing
whould they be too big
i know i would have to change the gearing

thanx wolfen

I thought about using the Desperado wheels and Excavator tires myself on my Baja 1000.Unfortunately though,the wheels are heavier than stock HPI wheels and the tires are 7 1/4" in diameter.That's a whole 1 1/4" greater in diameter over stock and surely much heavier.Keep in mind,you're also adding rolling resistance because of the added weight over stock and now you need a gear change to accommodate the larger diameter tires.Performance will still be negatively affected as well even if you do a gear change to accommodate the added diameter because you also added weight to the vehicle and rolling resistance.

I've gone with stock HPI wheels and Proline Badlands.When mounted,the Badlands have the same diameter as the stock setup and are about 3/4" wider.Also I found that the stock wheels/tires weigh in at 1lb .04 oz each and the HPI/Proline setup weighs in at 14.6oz.That's a 1/4 pound in weight savings!

So...with the HPI/Proline setup,you get better fitment,unaltered tire diameter (no need for a gear change),lighter setup and it'll cost nearly half as much as the Desperado/excavator setup.Just my .02.

Frank

the reason im looking for other tires /rims is the stock ones i have for my buggy rip too easy i just bash so im looking for a little more clearance and tougher tires and btw i don't like the looks of the stock 5B or 5T tires/rims im just trying to find out if the above mentioned tires/rims combo will rub when i steer

absolutly, Grab a set of Hostiles and call it a good buy@!!!

I Hear, our chinese knockoff buddys are at it again.

seems one of them has realeased a Version of the Hostile Hobby Knightmare MXs (the big knobby). dumb asses even molded in the H on top of the Knobby as Hostile does on this tire. Please, if you buy any tire that is aftermarket, do your RC, yourself and the rest of us Large Scale RCers a favor and purchase the Hostile Hobby Tires.
1. i HIGHLY doubt the knockoffs will be anywhere close to the quality of the Hostiles.
2. Hostile used 100% REAL RUBBER, not a sythetic or hybrid, that is why his tires do so WELL. they are the REAL DEAL.
3. supporting a cheap immatation product, will do nothing. and most likely will kill the original manufacturer. you know who they are, they are the people like you and me that pour thier blood, sweat, tears, and INVESTMENT MONEY, into R&D. if they don't make sales, then they don't have more money to reinvest into new and better products.

i could go on and on. and this IS NOT POINTED to the O.P. of this thread, but ANYONE that happens to jump in and read it.

To the O.P. if you want a GOOD QUALITY tire that will hold up to the majority of what you put it thru, buy the Hostiles. (assuming you are running HPI Baja 5B rims to put them on, and not the FGs, Harms, MCDs, ect). But if you just want any old tire, of the same or lesser quality of the original HPI Dirt Busters, then buy whatever, personally here i would go for OEMS, or Prolines. atleast Proline does their own R&D and not just hit Copy and Paist and Print...

Sorry, don't mean to sound arrogent, pushy, or such, but im not one to beat around the bush, and i call a square peg a square peg.

hth, and most of all,

HAVE FUN!

the only problem i have is the price of those tires that why im looking else where thats why im looking at the proline rims/tires they are cheaper

riffraff i don't care about the little added weight

thanx guys

btw nobody has yet answered my ? are the proline tires going to rub when i steer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks