tires keep spinning by themselve on my baja 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pee59

i was out driving today and when i was done i noticed the engine making a noise so when i went to check it out i saw that the back tire kept spinning can someone plesase help? fyi i just put in a 55t spur gear and a 19t pinion gear can that be the reason for thi... my engine is a stock 23cc with tuneds pipe

Last edited:
Are you talking about when you left it off the ground the tire keeps turning? Does it try to move when idling on the ground?

In that case, check the clutch spring hasn't stretched.
Check the alignment of everything if the spring is OK.
Are all of the screws tight?

Al.
yes there tight...can it have anything to do with me switching the gearing i put in a 55t spur and a 19t pinion.....and if i do have to get a new clutch do u think a 6,000 rpm clutch will well with my gearing

i forgot to mention after i checked the clutch and put it back together i tryed to start it and it ran alittle but then my clutch bell broke

yes there tight...can it have anything to do with me switching the gearing i put in a 55t spur and a 19t pinion.....and if i do have to get a new clutch do u think a 6,000 rpm clutch will well with my gearing

Sorry, I don't know what the standard gearing is.
Did the clutch alignment change or is everything straight - no binding?

Al.

Is it idled up too much? With out the engine running if you push it does the engine try to turn over?
no it is not idled up to much...i changed the clutch bell but its still doing the samething everytime i left the back the back tires are moving like if i had my finger on the throttle

Just posted this in your other thread........

You say the clutch looks ok but the spring may be worn causing it to slip. Before you replace the spring, go for the most simple things 1st so disconnect the throttle rod & start the engine (wheels off ground!) to eliminate any slight pull from the servo. If it still wants to go wind the idle screw in until it stops. If that doesn't cure it I would go for the new clutch spring.

When you replaced the clutch did you put the washes/spacers back under and on top of the clutch screws, these are there so the clutch doesn't stick open...the wheels will only engage if the clutch is engaged..

Check your clutch and clutch bell chances are clutch spring has broke, also make sure your idle isn't set too high.

Pop into the newbie section and introduce yourself, we are a mostly friendly bunch with some nutters to watch out for.

Let us know how you get on and if you get it fixed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks