Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallgoldguy

Are we the quietest forum on here!

Anywho, I asked this on another site but everyone ignored it, could my 7 pounds of tires and wheels be causing my drive line issues? I've had loctite on grubscrews come loose, lost a bearing on the inside of the rear diff case (lost meaning it came apart and blew the rear end) and who knows what next! I mean, I don't even have one complete gallon of gas through my TBIII and never had it run a complete tanks worth in one outing. I'm starting to think it's a RedCat Rampage!!!

Each wheel and tyre 'combo' on my FG MT weighs 1.5Kg (6Kg in total).
I have alloy wheels.
I don't have a problem with the drive square coming loose.
Ensure you're using a touch of loctite / threadlock on the grubs. Screw tight. Ensure you align the grub screws with the flats on the driveshaft.
Leave at least overnight before use.
Al.

Could also be that your tires are out of balance and causing vibration that gets transfered to the drive train. take your grub screws and file them flat and roughen up the flats on the axels, some blue loctite, let set overnight and I'm sure things will be better, hope this helps you out.:)

Honestly bro my opinion,there worse then redcat atleast the tb2,and if you loctited them and they came loose then i would try the red thats what i use on alot of my screws,i found that the blue dosent always hold up the best,and the bearings in the front and rear hubs are extra small,because they didnt want to take the time and make new hubs to handle the larger bearings cause they went to baja hexes this year,so good luck,hopefully you bought this from Scott at Nutech racing he is a good guy and will take care of you.

I'm gonna try that flatten the bottom of the grubs and rough up the flats thing, that is a good idea! @whittron, yes, got it from Scott and he is very helpful! I'm gonna try to find bearings for the hubs that fit without that stupid spacer thing cause there is tons of slop in them. I wonder if you can use 1:1 car tape weights to balance the tires?

Do you play golf?
There is adhesive lead roll.
This is what is normally used on the inside of the wheel, if balancing is the problem.
The problem is, it probably always will be. ....

Ensure the inside is spotless, grease free, and dry, then using a similar routine to 1:1, identify the 'heavy' and 'light' spots, and mark / stick on the Pb accordingly.

I mentioned it always will be. I believe you will ease the imbalance, but inserts will move, wear, break, and cause an imbalance again.
Al.

+1 Al, the inserts will always be a factor in balancing, just have to keep an eye on your tires and adjust the balance as necesary, the tape is a good idea, going to go look for some :D

So, you guys and/or ladies that balance your tires, do you spin them on the axle shafts of your model without the pins to find heavy spots? I have an old boat prop blade balancer, wonder if it will work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks