Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamitiro Fan

Hey guys
Well spring is here and its time to play:cup-3:
What is the longest lasting tire that you have used?
My sportline just rips them up:crying: and all I do is bash
on the street. What brand do you guys use?

hard for me to say, i haven't been around that long. i run an older pegaso wheel system (beadlock wheels), i have pmt kronos 27 on the front and pmt curve 20 on the back. so far they seem to be doing alright.

with onroad tire compound is key. the ideal thing is to come up with the tread pattern you like and have a pair of each compound within the temp ranges that you run, and change the tires depending on track/road temps. that will give you the best balance of wear and traction. if you just want tires to last a long time buy the hardest compounds you can get, but don't expect the car to handle well unless its very hot out.

What do you think of the Kronos?
To me, it looks like a 'good compromise' road tyre.
I've ordered 20/30 for the fronts and 15 for the rear. Do you think either the front is too hard, or the rear is too soft?
I'm in Northern England, so the surface is generally going to be cold and a little damp (if it's dry).
Thanks.
Alan.

its a good starting point. in reality you change tires for more or less grip. in 10-15 degree weather i find the 20s hook alright once warm, i find my fronts a little hard as the car tends to push. with a little warmer weather i think i have a good combo going. i was recomended the curve/kronos combo by a racer, its something he felt worked very well.

if you find the car has lots of rear grip, next time go with a harder tire. if you find the car pushes a lot and suspension tuning wont change it go with a softer front.

The longest tires i have used were the MCD gravel tires. They are still good after many many hours of play

I run the stock M/T tires on my truck... I have about 16 gallons of fuel on mine! Or you could start with a good set of spikes, go blast them off on the road until smooth. Now you have slicks! :lol:

On my part, thanks for the info.
I do expect that the tyres selected are slightly firm for the fronts, thus will give a bit of understeer, and soft for the rears, which will obviously wear quickly, but being an owner of an FG MT, I'm used to and tired of snap oversteer, so some decent grip at the rear will be great.

I'm building up a Touring +/- Comp spec from bits both new and Ebay ... and hope to complete by Christmas ... we'll see.

Priorities of which comes when ... well, it's all required in the end!!! :D:D

on my truck I have been running fg slicks. it gets the most use of all my rc's and it's actually the only set I have bought for the truck, still lots of meat and it is pretty hooked up. ddm only sells one set, one compound.. I had no choice and figured I would adapt but another one of those things that just worked out lucky

I'll take on any of the cars with my truck. bring it ;)

on my truck I have been running fg slicks. it gets the most use of all my rc's and it's actually the only set I have bought for the truck, still lots of meat and it is pretty hooked up. ddm only sells one set, one compound.. I had no choice and figured I would adapt but another one of those things that just worked out lucky

I'll take on any of the cars with my truck. bring it ;)

Do you know the number of tanks you have run?
Might try a set Thx :cup-1:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks