Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Titan SD 1/4 Scale

Discussion in 'Other RC's' started by Soloratov, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Soloratov

Soloratov Member

My current project:

1/4 Scale 4wd, 4 wheels independent suspension. Based on Hummer H1 dimensions: 49.5in long, 28in wide (with 4in wheels mounted), looking for under 20" height, 4.8" ground clearance. I'm in the process of designing a 3spd w/reverse manual tranny. So far so good. My other current headache is brakes. I would like to use 4 go-cart based brakes on each wheel. The design is simple, make a thick disk, and then a round strap that can be pulled tight around the disk.
    Anyone know what material I could use on the strap to act as a pad?
    So far into my 6th year of work on it. Yup 6. This is revision 2, of the third design, so......5 times this thing has been reworked. But now I have it, and it's moving along, especially since I was introduced to Solidworks at work.

Anyway, ask questions, make comments......be nice......

[​IMG]

2. frumpy

frumpy Well-Known Member

I like the extruded aluminum framing.We use alot of that where I work it's pretty tuff stuff:)

3. Soloratov

Soloratov Member

Yeah, thats what my company does, we make machine frames, and well, anything actually. But my boss said hey...we have it, why not use that.......so I did. I liked the idea that I can adjust any of the parts simply by sliding them into place.

4. miamimac

miamimac Well-Known Member

How much do u think it will weigh? I'm asuming in the 50lb range?

5. Soloratov

Soloratov Member

My estimate is 65-70lbs. I don't really care if it hits 75, but more than that and I am risking the actual usage, have to be able to move around myself. And, getting it in my tiny car to get it home, let alone anywhere else, is another issue.