TLR 5ive-B kit, worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenogears

Just noticed that there are still new roller kits up for sale going for $750. Seems like a reasonable price, specially if intents were to get a brushless 5ive. However, it’s discontinued already. My fear is parts availability in the future. I know that it shares a lot with the 5ivet, but there are still differences. What are your thoughts?

Not sure yet tho. Want something I can throw in the car and take anywhere. The whole battery thing is a PITA tho. Still on the fence. I really just want another project to put together. Not many choices of them when it comes to 5th scales.

yeah I know. I have plenty of 4s lipos when I used to race 1/8 so im already stocked. can be off putting when decding to convert. but hey you have an xmax so can always justify more lipos

unless you want to run 12s +
Electric 5B? HOW DARE YOU!?

shhhhhhh your mouth!! :ROFLMAO:

So had to ask DDM about this since I was pretty curious/interested on how they’re maintaining a stock of a kit discontinued almost two years ago:

Kits are in stock and ready to ship. Parts have been no problem, nearly all of it is the same as the 5IVE-T with the exception of a few parts like suspension arms and dogbones.

TLR/Horizon have produced these cars for us as private batches. We have quite a few in stock now, and more will be arriving later this year. We will have the buggy for quite some time going forward.

I’m still a little skeptical tbh cause I know it’s usually the arms and dog bones that break/bend first.
Having a kit to build a 5ive sounds like a great project to undertake though ...

Pretty sure I’ll fold again and just buy it in a day or two like I always do.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks