To build the Baja 5B re-release or buy a Vesla.5????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Now that both of these have been out for a bit, Which one would you go with? If you own one or both, lets here how you like them. I am in the process of building a Vekta.5 right now and am setting my sights on the next rig. I really like the thought of getting the Baja 5B kit and building it from the ground up, but the Vesla.5 does seem very intriguing. It looks like it may be tougher? Your thoughts?

Ahhhh this is the pre gaming. Got it 👍 :LOL: ...

I'll say this as of now there is a ton of aftermarket supporting the baja in any engine direction you choose, small bore, big bore, twin cylinder from mild to wild. Also all supporting parts for any path you take, the vesla not so much yet plus your starting cost is going to be much higher with the vesla with things your paying for that your not going to use. Atleast the baja kit let's your choose an engine and electronics without charging you to take them off.

Ahhhh this is the pre gaming. Got it 👍 :LOL: ...

I'll say this as of now there is a ton of aftermarket supporting the baja in any engine direction you choose, small bore, big bore, twin cylinder from mild to wild. Also all supporting parts for any path you take, the vesla not so much yet plus your starting cost is going to be much higher with the vesla with things your paying for that your not going to use. Atleast the baja kit let's your choose an engine and electronics without charging you to take them off.
The baja kit is more intriguing to me for the fact that it is a kit and I get to build it from the ground up.

Depending on what tour doing with the baja there's no reason for a kit as you'll not be using 99% of it. Use the search function and look at past builds. See how much hits the curb then decide on what your goal is.

The vesla has only just been released, everyone is still waiting on feedback and the aftermarket support is still getting up to speed. Haven't been super impressed with what I've seen so far, but am trying hard to reserve judgment.

Build a baja from aftermarket parts
Stock baja are not very good
The vesla will take years of development to have the type of aftermarket support and information that the baja has. It just got released and nobody really knows its weak points, plus there isn't much aftermarket for it.
The baja is a proven platform and can be made very very durable

With the baja you'll have more options for bodies/cages. You got the 5b, 5sc, Kraken cages look you can swap from when bored. Plus all of the wraps that are currently available for all of them. I don't think it will be years before there is aftermarket support for the velsa but all it is is a widened baja but your stuck with that. W/ the hpi platform you can shorten the arms or extend them you can shorten the wheel base too. So many more options

I just built the 5B and it turned out incredible. I didn’t do anything aftermarket and did a 290 so no need for any drivetrain mods etc. so far after about 20 runs it tops out at 45mph and handles and looks great. The build was super fun as well. You will enjoy it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks