Too Slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcflyer55

I got a Losi DBLX and it's just too slow. It's bone stock & it hits full speed at half throttle then just whines but doesn't go faster. I'm not racing but my Slash 4x4 is twice as fast as this thing.

I really don't care so much about torque as I do about speed. Has anyone changed the gears to get more speed? Larger tires? I don't want to have to swap engines and add a pipe if I can achieve more speed another way.

I'm new to the 1/5 scale, and i have Losi desert buggy xl that i bought a month ago. For what i have read and experienced, to change the stock inner filter helps, or the whole filter. Also, i had to lean it, because the factory settings for the needles are too rich.

Maybe some experienced members can jump in and help.

I put the TGN air filter and DDM V stack along with a VRC pipe on mine and woke it up tremendously!! Probable 2-3 times more power. There is only one option for more gear and that's the 21 tooth pinion gear over the stock 20 tooth. WIth a good filter and pipe, the factory carb settings are pretty good.

Thanks, so you're using the stock filter housing with the TGN filter and a stack? Did you have to cut the lexan to fit it?

I've read on here that the Bartolone pipe mounts break off very easily, besides they are very loud & around here that won't work.

Your slash is electric. Your slash doesn't weigh 29 lbs. Your slash probably doesn't have the same gearing as the dbxl. Wring out the oil on the stock filter and play with the high speed needle and fill the diffs with fluid.

Thanks, so you're using the stock filter housing with the TGN filter and a stack? Did you have to cut the lexan to fit it?

I've read on here that the Bartolone pipe mounts break off very easily, besides they are very loud & around here that won't work.

Actually, I use the TGN Dome filter with a Outerware over it.

http://www.davesmotors.com/sm221_3.html

Flows so much better then the stock filter. I did cut the lexan, but it looks almost like it should be that way, the way the truck is made.

I always buy the silenced pipes because they make pretty much the same power and are much quieter then non-silenced. My truck isn't that much louder then stock, but a LOT quicker!

GPS says 41mph with this setup and stock gearing. 17,200rpm

photo2_zps79b0b6fe.jpg

Back