TPS RedRace ignition on Trevor Simpson motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

As the title says, I've got a TS motor - It's a 2-bolt reed valve and I'm told it's a 28.5cc engine.
Case is excellent used condition, head is brand new.

Does anyone have any experience in fitting the TPS Redrace ignition system to the TS motor?
When I Google this, it mentions there are some modifications that are required to be made, but none clearly define what is required.

Thanks,
Al.

Let's hope I am.
It's going on my MT.

After all of the effort it appears the last owner 'butchered' the intake and drilled it, inserting what appears like a HSN from a nitro engine. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was .... then it dawned on me ... it must be nitrous injection!!!
Al.

Hello Mate, I have the TPS redrace ignition on my Zen 4 bolt now a 29.4 race ported. Scotty built the engine for me and dynoed it back to back with an other engine that was built to the same spec but without the ignition as two engines were ordered.

The Dyno did show small increases in power over the engine without the ignition fitted but the real difference came in the spool up of the engine in relation to the finger moving on the throttle, believe me Alan it is instant, you soon get used to it but moving from my engine to a stock 29 or a ported 28.5 and you really notice the lag to the throttle input.

In all the ignition system makes the car very snappy but very smooth in it's power delivery.

Give Scotty a call he will talk you through it.

Hello Mate, I have the TPS redrace ignition on my Zen 4 bolt now a 29.4 race ported. Scotty built the engine for me and dynoed it back to back with an other engine that was built to the same spec but without the ignition as two engines were ordered.

The Dyno did show small increases in power over the engine without the ignition fitted but the real difference came in the spool up of the engine in relation to the finger moving on the throttle, believe me Alan it is instant, you soon get used to it but moving from my engine to a stock 29 or a ported 28.5 and you really notice the lag to the throttle input.

In all the ignition system makes the car very snappy but very smooth in it's power delivery.

Thanks for the reply.
Not able to do much at the moment, as I'm actually in Alaska!!
Back in one month.
Al.

Thats when it works:lol::lol::lol::w00t:
J.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks