Transmission grease....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Figured I would post this here so it can hopefully be seen by all our Raminator owners, as not everyone may read build threads.

If you have not done so, I would highly advise you service your transmission. Whether your truck is brand new or a year old. We are finding that when the trucks are assembled, they are just wiping what would amount to a glob of grease in the transmission. Upon opening mine, I found there was a blob at the bottom of the transmission case and a blob on the reverse fork. The gears were basically "dry". Here is a pic:
20210227_171915.jpg

Just wanted to ensure everyone is aware of this, as long term usage with little to no grease is going to be an issue. I personally used Fast Eddies in mine but Red n' Tacky would work well too!
Happy bashing!

My tamiya 3 speeds throw all the grease off the gears unless i pump the piss out of the case witch is way to much. Yours looks like it tossed the grease to the bottom

Its grease, rc is the only hobby that you don't fill it piping full, you wouldnt pack the wheel bearing on your real truck 1/8 full of grease, or your transmission 1/32 full of fluid, so why do we persist in not filling the case up with grease? You have nothing to loose, and everything to gain. Cooler running gears, less noise, less wear, longer bearing life.

Its grease, rc is the only hobby that you don't fill it piping full, you wouldnt pack the wheel bearing on your real truck 1/8 full of grease, or your transmission 1/32 full of fluid, so why do we persist in not filling the case up with grease? You have nothing to loose, and everything to gain. Cooler running gears, less noise, less wear, longer bearing life.

I fill the transmissions of my rc's with grease, I wouldn't say I pack them them as I would a bearing on a machine, but they are filled enough that when closed up it spills out the casings. That goes for my crawlers and faster stuff, I go by a bit much is better that not quite enough.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks