Transmitter upgrade? Advice needed..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Currently running the Flysky fs-gt5 that came with the Raminator. Decent radio but looking to improve that aspect and continue to expand the new radio to my other rigs.
Been looking at the Spektrum transmitters along with Futaba.
What you guys think about either, also any recommendations on ones with telemetry, i.e. reciever battery voltage, engine rpm, and temp?

I am pretty familiar with Spektrum from my Rc Heli days using a Dx8. Looking at the Dx5 rugged and the Futaba 4pm.

Still gonna do some reading and research..but figured I'd hit you guys up for your thoughts!

Yeah been reading the Dx5 has a share of issues. What telemetry capabilities does the Futaba have? Do you guys feel that the telemetry for things like temp and engine RPM is accurate with Futaba on gas rigs?

Yeah been reading the Dx5 has a share of issues. What telemetry capabilities does the Futaba have? Do you guys feel that the telemetry for things like temp and engine RPM is accurate with Futaba on gas rigs?
My hitec radio has speed, rpm, and temp sensors the speed seemed pretty accurate haven’t tried any of the rest though

I’ve been running Flysky It4s and it comes with all the telemetry and I run temp and rpm and for the money (I think was $120 2 yrs ago) and works great...the speed sensor tho is a bit primitive and don’t know if it’s accurate...here’s a pic and the upper is temp sens bottom rpm and it just reads mag on flywheel...simple setup

Attachments

• 64417664-7F59-4FD0-9EB1-6E5D4E998ED2.jpeg
    64417664-7F59-4FD0-9EB1-6E5D4E998ED2.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 22
Im.largly in your boat. Run a dx6i for air, and futaba for ground use. Yes the telemetry should be accurate. And futaba just makes a better land based radio.

Last edited:
nope?.....jus another thing to look down at .."ooh me temp high...."...then a bench/post/ect ect is gonna jump out in front of u☹?....if ur mr hard-core racer then yeah that extra info may b of use to gain that 0.08 quiker lap time... :rolleyes: ?

I think all the telemetry is useful in a tuning or gearing aspect when you have time or the room to look down at it what I use the most is the internal battery level (truck battery) and signal strength...and ya I ageee the FS GT3-5 do suck for signal but they are $40 radios too...my it4s has great sig strength and the receivers are inexpensive...I run 2 ProBoats my Kraton and 1/5 scale on it and had 0 problems...of course it’s not a $400 radio either

I think im gonna go with the Futaba 4pm. With my coupon I can get it for like $215 from Tower Hobbies. Its just in backorder til next month so may have to wait a bit. Reviews and such seem solid on it. Just trying to grasp which receiver to choose w my purchase looks like 2 different. I don't think I need the higher end receiver as it is for their SR (super response) and pretty sure it wont even work with my servos.

I think most have more or less the same protocol now a days, just signal out put differs
I think im gonna go with the Futaba 4pm. With my coupon I can get it for like $215 from Tower Hobbies. Its just in backorder til next month so may have to wait a bit. Reviews and such seem solid on it. Just trying to grasp which receiver to choose w my purchase looks like 2 different. I don't think I need the higher end receiver as it is for their SR (super response) and pretty sure it wont even work with my servos.
Theres a chart for compatable receivers, don't buy a 4 channel just cuz its 4 channel. My savage has a 6 channel reciever in it, because it was cheaper then a 3 or 4 channel and still compatible, and the bonus side of it is it's the same size as the smaller receivers.

Waiting for this transmitter to come back in stock been reading up on it. Couple questions for those that have it.

*I need all 4 channel slots, so can I power the receiver through the S.BUS port?

*Will I be able to get the reciever battery voltage without any special adapters?

*If I opt to go with other telemetry options, what do I need to get?

What is recommended for batteries for it. Is a life pack my best option?

Thanks for the help!

Waiting for this transmitter to come back in stock been reading up on it. Couple questions for those that have it.

*I need all 4 channel slots, so can I power the receiver through the S.BUS port?

*Will I be able to get the reciever battery voltage without any special adapters?

*If I opt to go with other telemetry options, what do I need to get?

What is recommended for batteries for it. Is a life pack my best option?

Thanks for the help!
Buy a 6 channel reciever then you have options to power it, unless you bought a 4 channel already. Moat modern recievers can handle 2s so shouldnt be a real reason to go life unless the servos are 6v

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks