Traxxas 1:7th Scale SuperCar Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMTech-RC

Looks like 1:7th Scale won:

6407-Red-3qtr-front-canards_m_0.jpg

■100+mph Out of the Box!
■NEW Castle Creations Mamba Monster Extreme Speed Control
■NEW Traxxas Big Block Brushless Motor, Powered by Castle
■NEW TQi 2.4GHz Radio System with Docking Base*
■NEW Integrated Speed, RPM, temperature, and voltage Telemetry System*
■Factory Equipped with two Traxxas Power Cell 3S 5000mAh LiPo batteries
■All Wheel Drive

yea ok, lets build a fairly big car, make it go 100mph, then lets make it ready to run and target it at newbies so they can destroy smash it into houses, real cars, and people causing some real damage. on top of that, lets power it with 6s of lipo power, of which people will buy the cheapest softcase lipos so that when it goes flying into an immovable object at 100mph it blows up.

this is whats wrong with the hobby. something like this should be a kit only, targeted at experienced hobbyists that could handle these sorts of speeds, and know the dangers of it.

Interesting concept,

or, as Sharkey put it ...

just plain DANGEROUS!!

100+ MPH ? !!!

Once purchased, of course the purchaser's going to try that once in a while, and of course it's going to get smashed!!

Or, it'll cause no end of grief ....

I think the hobby's gone a little too far, PERHAPS !!

Al.

a few years back i got back into the hobby and brought a schumacher xtr 21 3 speed nitro,it was capable of 80mph out the box great,no didnt turn ot that way i had months of grief with that thing,gears would eat themself diffs melted,,,but when it did work mate it was unreal it flew and would pop wheelies on demand ,the last time i used it was the day it died i hit a clump off mud flat out on grass it ripped that corner clean off by the time it had stopped rolling it had gone through a headge and wedged its self into a chainmail fence still running,when i got the car out it was just not worth fixing,bodyshell was all over the feild i had bent 3 of the shocks all wishbones were broken it looked like a crashed f1 car it went in a box and got given away and never went again money well spent,i will stick with the 40/50mph i get from my bug thanks the quicker you go the more it costs to put right

That's a pretty cool looking car! I have been in this hobby for some time but I have ZERO experience with lipo. So this may not be on my wish list. Wish it was a gasser!

From what I've heard you have to have a iphone and down load the traxxas app to be able to unlock the car to even get it to go 100 mph. I still have mixed feelings on the car, it definitaly looks good but i just don't think it's very practical. You would have to have a long straight away that was really pretty smooth or it's a waste to me. Alot of money for an electric car if you ask me, I'll stick with my 1/5 scale gas cars.

its a look at me car. first to integrate a smart phone, first out of the box to hit 100mph. im sure you wont need the iphone to hit 100mph, just some tweaking with the castle link.

Then you will have to invest another 1K or more in batteries and charges so you can run all day with out hours of waiting on the batteries to charge. Electric is instant torque, power and speed but just has no soul.

Take a look at the videos on the www.traxxas.com website, they're pretty impressive!!!
That car styling is spot on the money as well.

For me, erm, NO.

46u put it correctly - 'no soul', but very interesting just the same.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind putting that motor / ESC into my modified E-Maxx MT !!

Al.

Obviously this is built to fill in a market need in extreme speed,if you can’t find a place to run it then not much point buying it.All depends where you live.
[FONT=&quot]Enthusiast will buy it just to say that they have one.[/FONT]

take a good look at this thing and a slash 4x4 with the bodies off from the top you will see that it is a rechassied slash. so 1000+ for a slash i don't think so. oh and then you need the what 400 dollar iphone to go fast yea right ill stick with my baja. i see this being discontinued in under a year

id love to see a tamed down version of this car. something with maybe a mamba max system, designed to run on 3s or 4s, a normal traxxas 2.4ghz, and with a top speed of 60-70mph. also price it decently, imo with a battery included it should be around $550-600. still a chunk of change, but with all all included rtr 1/7 scale i think its a decent price.

id still like to see a kit version with no electronics, however its traxxas, thats not going to happen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks