Traxxas Diff lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houser1995

Has anyone run traxxas diff lube in their Baja? The bottle lacks a lot of info, especially what it’s made of but I would assume silicone.

I picked up a bottle of 30k at my lhs today for about 8 bucks. All they had was 30k and only one bottle. So has anyone ran traxxas diff lube in their Baja?

And how many of you are happy with running 30k? I have no idea how many hours are on my diff/fluid so I’m definitely going to change it while I have my rig tore apart (new clutch arriving Thursday)

I like oversteer and more of a posi effect and if I’m correct 30k probably won’t give me much of that. But if enough of you tell me it’s not terrible I’ll run it until the next change. I just don’t want to get it all back together and wait for warmer weather only to balloon tires like no other while cornering lol any and all opinions welcome and greatly appreciated!

If your looking for a posi effect 30k isn’t going to cut it
Your gonna want 500k at a bare minimum
1 or 2 mil would prob work good but for a posi effect 20 mil is what you want

Thanks man!! You just saved me a lot of cursing and unnecessary wrenching lol do you think the added stress of running heavy lube is going to agree with my stock plastic gearbox though? I can love with eating dogbones and such that’s not a huge deal. But I’m not trying to grenade the gearbox on the first few runs. I’m already scoping out aluminum quick diff boxes but I’d also like to have the original case in one peice as a spare.

So you got any recommendations on brands for diff lube? I’ll probably just buy a few various weights say 1m, 5m, 10m ,15m, and 20m just to have options.

The plastic box should be fine. I’ve honestly never broken one although heavy duty gears wouldn’t hurt
As for brands of diff oil they are all pretty good I’d get what you can find available
I’ve used ofna, Losi, Associated, Traxxas oil and they have all been good

The plastic box should be fine. I’ve honestly never broken one although heavy duty gears wouldn’t hurt
As for brands of diff oil they are all pretty good I’d get what you can find available
I’ve used ofna, Losi, Associated, Traxxas oil and they have all been good
Awesome thanks man I already had some associated 1m in my Amazon cart when you replied haha you da bomb.

Looks like for anything between 1m and 20m I’m either going to have to order from a hobby site or mix myself though. All well if this snowstorm slows shipping down and I can’t get any higher weight I’ll throw some 1 mil in and call it good until the next tear down. Amazon has me quoted about 3 days shipping so at least I know thatll come quick.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks