traxxas summit or should i say submarine???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can actualy by waterproof lipo packs. however as the electronics are 100% waterproof, the truck still needs a lot of matinance to keep it in good condition running in water. the diffs will end up with water in them, same with the tranny, and electric motors are fine running in clean water, however dirty water tends to wear them out fast.

they are a cool truck though.

jay who owns rc pitstop in southport, runs his summit in the sandworks thru pools of salt water, its on utube its called traxxas summit is waterproof? rc pitstop test session.

Hey gents , I saw that Summit creek bash to...man that truck wont last very long......I bet that guy/kid read that the Summit was water proof and thought it would stand up to being fully submerged....its water proof to the point it will go through mud and snow..a bit of wet weather , but even the Traxxas site says that you need to clean the truck completly after these kinds of runs.....it was NOT intended to be a submarine.

I sadly have one and wished I wouldnt of dropped the $500+ on it...I don't know why in the world I purchased an electric truck again , got tired of them years ago ? It takes TWO battery packs and if you want any kind of run time you need to upgrade to large mah packs (like I stupidly did , pricey)...and you better have either two chargers or one expensive one to be able to charge them at the same time.....I sadly don't !

The truck was fun BUT...broke the right rear diff locker on the 5th run....and I was in low gear with both front/rear diffs locked out doing Some steep hill climbs slowly.....found out from the Traxxas forum this was an issue with the first run diff parts off the assembly line......goes to show you even a very large company like them can put crappy parts out on the market.

I wish I would of bought a KM T1000 instead...now Im stuck with a truck that I will loose money on big-time if I try to resell it.....:(:2guns::censored:

picture of my truck below......

Attachments

• PB060301.jpg
    PB060301.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2
the summit is a cool truck, great concept but does nothing that well. its to slow to be a typical monster truck and have fun that way, its independent suspention makes it bad for crawling. its a cool truck to screw around with, but if you crave something that performs at something specific, its better to find something else. i see plenty of these things for sale will little use.

ive always viewed electric monsters the same way. a lot of people say they are better, but then again many people cant deal with nitro. i just hate that with electric mt now to have fun for a day you need 4 lipo 5000+ mah packs. you can easily spend as much as a truck costs in 4 battery packs. then you need a good lipo charger, another huge cost.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks