Traxxas Summit Tranny in a 1/5 scale build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looking at these new axles I would stay away from them! The diffs are not even 1/8 scale standards! It only is the size of a 1/8 scale diff but only one set of spider gears in the diff-carrier!
This is not a well thought out set up at all! Her is the worst of it. there are no replacement parts when it breaks!
001_zpsds1hdxzx.jpg002_zpsorep08x2.jpg
I have never seen a 1/5 scale diff this small or with out 4 sets of spider gears

So after a good look at these axles I sent them back to RC4WD. They just are not built well to take any kind of power So I'm going to use the Kyosho axles and up grade them when Super Shafty has the rear lock out ready in a month or so. So that said I made some shock mounts for the rear and played around with it so you can see some different shots of what the wheelbase and the links look like also.
013_zps6aexoz2a.jpg012_zpsoubcbtsu.jpg016_zpsso4jrkfm.jpg015_zpszyvyxiia.jpg

I switched out the springs to the Sock Losi LST they are soft and I painted them Olive green to match this build. I will be picking up some CNC shock bodies for this build also.

003_zpse6y2wwzm.jpg002_zpsw2vi1rbl.jpg

004_zps0tsq0hlc.jpg005_zpsqczow0gb.jpg006_zpsgq9zcngd.jpg012_zpskxoq1zog.jpg
So the wheel and tires that you see are 1/5 scale because I put 23mm hubs on to show you what it would look like. With the Bomber it will use 2.2 and so it will work very well with these mods.
008_zps1lvz4d00.jpg

So I'm starting with the axles first. I ordered a bunch of parts from ebay and when they get here I will show how the build will start.
Here is what I ordered.
Axial Yeti XL AX31260 Rear Axle 10 x 169mm 17mm Hub
Kyosho 1/8 FO-XX RS * REAR DIFFERENTIAL, HOUSING, HUB CARRIERS & PINION
Kyosho 1/8 FO-XX RS * FRONT DIFFERENTIAL, HOUSING, HUB CARRIERS & PINION
NEW Axial Axial Yeti XL Front Axle Stub 16x39mm (17mm) AX31259
Axial 1/8 YETI XL Buggy Front Steering Knuckles C-Hub Axle Carriers Bearings Pin

The Losi stuff I already have.

013_zpslbdw7psj.jpg

I'm working o making these axles one of a kind if possible. I may end up buying a lathe to do the milling needed to the Derlin that I will need to build the lockout ends that will fit the Axial rear axle shafts.
006_zpsrkcbl2io.jpg007_zpsb09imusy.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks