Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer out of the box!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ?

It does have its faults, (steering servo is gash/body cracks easily) but it's a very good truck. The scale look and the way it drives are very realistic

Not had any issues with mine

doza28, I am too from Bournemouth. where do you take your udr? any good places you can recommend?
am toying with the idea of a UDR or Losi sbr for a bit of fun. it would be good to see the traxass go in person!
next time you go out with the UDR let me know and I will see if am about (y)

doza28, I am too from Bournemouth. where do you take your udr? any good places you can recommend?
am toying with the idea of a UDR or Losi sbr for a bit of fun. it would be good to see the traxass go in person!
next time you go out with the UDR let me know and I will see if am about (y)

Aha
Awesome. Where abouts are you?

Most common places I've been would be whitecliff and Upton Canyons.
The Canyons are good - very much the terrain the truck was designed for.
Whitecliff is good as its grass but the udr can flip if you're too aggressive with the steering. Some nice whoops there though.

If you're a basher or like to 'send' your trucks hard, the Losi is probably the stronger truck, although I have seen people suffer breakages on those too.
The UDR is more a scale racer. I've driven mine pretty hard and even had some crazy flips and it's been fine even over moderate jumps.

Both are awesome rigs. I'd have both if I could.

I'd really like to try the beach one day, maybe when the tides out but running in sand still bothers me a bit.

Aha
Awesome. Where abouts are you?

Most common places I've been would be whitecliff and Upton Canyons.
The Canyons are good - very much the terrain the truck was designed for.
Whitecliff is good as its grass but the udr can flip if you're too aggressive with the steering. Some nice whoops there though.

If you're a basher or like to 'send' your trucks hard, the Losi is probably the stronger truck, although I have seen people suffer breakages on those too.
The UDR is more a scale racer. I've driven mine pretty hard and even had some crazy flips and it's been fine even over moderate jumps.

Both are awesome rigs. I'd have both if I could.

I'd really like to try the beach one day, maybe when the tides out but running in sand still bothers me a bit.

i live in northbourne near the airport.

i have never heard of upton canyons before. i will have a search for it (y)

i have lots 4s lipos as it is, so i only plan on running 4s so maybe the udr would be a better bet as it is smaller and lighter.

i live in northbourne near the airport.

i have never heard of upton canyons before. i will have a search for it (y)

i have lots 4s lipos as it is, so i only plan on running 4s so maybe the udr would be a better bet as it is smaller and lighter.

Cool not far. I'm based in Parkstone but actually work at the Airport

Upton Canyons is really good. You should be able to find it on Google. It's brilliant if you're into Crawling too.

Personally I find the UDR better on 4s anyway. Its more scale looking and you won't be nearly as hard on it as the speeds are reduced. I have 6s packs as well as 4s, but i limit the truck in the App on my phone to around the same performance (30-35mph)

A buddy of mine who also works at the Airport is looking at getting another UDR in the coming weeks. He's big into his Rc and we spent a few evenings out last year in the summer time. He sold them all to fund other projects, but is now looking to get back into them again.... Already lol

So there could well be three trucks running around.

Have you decided on the udr then or are you still trying to make your make a choice?

Cool not far. I'm based in Parkstone but actually work at the Airport

Upton Canyons is really good. You should be able to find it on Google. It's brilliant if you're into Crawling too.

Personally I find the UDR better on 4s anyway. Its more scale looking and you won't be nearly as hard on it as the speeds are reduced. I have 6s packs as well as 4s, but i limit the truck in the App on my phone to around the same performance (30-35mph)

A buddy of mine who also works at the Airport is looking at getting another UDR in the coming weeks. He's big into his Rc and we spent a few evenings out last year in the summer time. He sold them all to fund other projects, but is now looking to get back into them again.... Already lol

So there could well be three trucks running around.

Have you decided on the udr then or are you still trying to make your make a choice?

thanks for the info, i am leaning more towards the udr as i too think the udr will be happy enough on 4s,

wow upton canyons looks amazing. i have found a few videos on youtube. perfect for rc (y)

i have never owned a traxxas product before but have had plenty of losi cars.

yes i plan to buy new in the next month or two as i have quite a few rc related items i can sell to bring the price down on a new udr.

have you had many issues with the udr?

thanks for the info, i am leaning more towards the udr as i too think the udr will be happy enough on 4s,

wow upton canyons looks amazing. i have found a few videos on youtube. perfect for rc (y)

i have never owned a traxxas product before but have had plenty of losi cars.

yes i plan to buy new in the next month or two as i have quite a few rc related items i can sell to bring the price down on a new udr.

have you had many issues with the udr?

Genuinely... I've had no problems at all.
Not breakages or failures. Even the rear upper links on mine are still straight and haven't bent despite a few big offs. I bought a spare front prop shaft as this is supposed to be a weak point, but again mine has stayed in the packet. Same with the rear trailing arms.

I replaced the steering servo after one run with a savox 1256Tg and fitted a glitch buster as well. Mine didn't fail, but it is a weak point on the truck (very underpowered) so I just bit the bullet and replaced it early on.

I think the truck has a reputation for being weak, but from the footage I've seen of a lot of people running it, I think it's more the use than the truck itself. It's not a basher. I've seen breakages on the Losi too (stripped gears/broken rear axle) but I think like any Rc, you get good and bad apples.

The selling point for me of the UDR was the scale looks and driving and I think it has the Losi beat there.
I'll see if I can find some footage of me running mine and I'll send it over
Found this video. I did hit the jumps on this day but didnt catch it on film. To me, this environment is what the car was made for

Last edited:
Genuinely... I've had no problems at all.
Not breakages or failures. Even the rear upper links on mine are still straight and haven't bent despite a few big offs. I bought a spare front prop shaft as this is supposed to be a weak point, but again mine has stayed in the packet. Same with the rear trailing arms.

I replaced the steering servo after one run with a savox 1256Tg and fitted a glitch buster as well. Mine didn't fail, but it is a weak point on the truck (very underpowered) so I just bit the bullet and replaced it early on.

I think the truck has a reputation for being weak, but from the footage I've seen of a lot of people running it, I think it's more the use than the truck itself. It's not a basher. I've seen breakages on the Losi too (stripped gears/broken rear axle) but I think like any Rc, you get good and bad apples.

The selling point for me of the UDR was the scale looks and driving and I think it has the Losi beat there.
I'll see if I can find some footage of me running mine and I'll send it over
Found this video. I did hit the jumps on this day but didnt catch it on film. To me, this environment is what the car was made for

that looks like the perfect spot for the udr. like you say it is what the truck was designed for.

i love the suspension travel it looks very scale.

i think i am now sold on the udr. just to decide on which colour to buy lol.

were you running on 4s in the video? looks fast enough!

i do not like launching my cars 10ft in the air like some people do,

i agree the udr and losi sbr are just the wrong trucks for people wanting to do this.

red is my favourite colour tho :ROFLMAO:

i also have a couple of spare steering servos i can swap over.

Last edited:
that looks like the perfect spot for the udr. like you say it is what the truck was designed for.

i love the suspension travel it looks very scale.

i think i am now sold on the udr. just to decide on which colour to buy lol.

were you running on 4s in the video? looks fast enough!

i do not like launching my cars 10ft in the air like some people do,

i agree the udr and losi sbr are just the wrong trucks for people wanting to do this.

red is my favourite colour tho :ROFLMAO:

i also have a couple of spare steering servos i can swap over.

LOL @ red is my favourite colour

I know the Fox bodied version is out of stock at a lot of places. I'm probably going to get a clear body and paint my own version.

Upton is brilliant. It's great for scale driving, Crawling and bashers. There's huge jumps that my mate used to send his Xmaxx off of lol.

I think it was running 6s in the video, but at 75% power so roughly 4s pace. I turn the TSM off as well

LOL @ red is my favourite colour

I know the Fox bodied version is out of stock at a lot of places. I'm probably going to get a clear body and paint my own version.

Upton is brilliant. It's great for scale driving, Crawling and bashers. There's huge jumps that my mate used to send his Xmaxx off of lol.

I think it was running 6s in the video, but at 75% power so roughly 4s pace. I turn the TSM off as well

yeah i will probably use my own radio so would be nice if traxxas offered it as a roller lol
what do you think the run time will be on 8000mah 4s? 20mins?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks