TS engine gaskets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey

Tell me what cc the motor is and any details you can tell me on the motor and Ill take a quick look on the net and see what I can find for you

Can you call DDM and ask for Steve in the tech department?

Im not having any luck but Ill ask the guy at the hobby shop by my house.

Or perhaps if there is a lawnmower shop near you they might be able to sell you a gasket kit that would work..

Here in Dallas,Texas there are multiple lawnmower shops and sometimes I go to them and they have no idea what I have but if you find a parts person that has some patients then you can see if they will let you take a look at some of the parts they might have in stock.

A lot of times they have gaskets and things I need, only problem is I never have part numbers for them to look up.

I have been noticing a lot of the older style 2 stroke weed eaters have the 2 bolt style heads.
Something else that is very interesting it that there are certain 2 stroke chainsaws that have the exact same style motors as what is in my 5B.
I think one of the Stihl chainsaw from the early 2000's has the same style motor.

I suspect that our 2 stroke motors for these rc cars and trucks have many many other applications but somehow get marked up in price when being sold to the hobby industry.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob but ots not the head thats the problem, its the case. Just an awkaward shape. My new ring came today and the case gasket isnt that bad. I might just put a light smear of gasket paste on and see how i get on
Cheers
J

Ok
That should be easy enough.

Personally I would clean the surfaces really good and make sure there is no oil, once you get the surfaces nice and dry I would apply a small amount of GM sealant. Be careful not apply too much because when you close everything up some of the sealant could squeeze into the crankcase area.

Maybe apply the sealant and let it set for about 15 mins then slowly get everything tightened up.

Very small amount is all that would be needed.

I used this exact sealant to seal the head to the case on my 36cc Rovan. LOL seams to be holding up well..

I've used the ACDELCO GM sealant for many many applications and we use it up at work when in need of a reliable sealant.

IMG_5311.JPG IMG_5312.JPG

Noob mistake ! Couldn't get the piston ring into the cylinder , tried every which way , greased the cylinder walls but still no luck. Lost me rag and forced the ring in . Well it went in ......in two pieces ! I forgot about the notch at the carb side , another new ring later and it's assembled.

New crank bearings, crank seals, wrist pin, wrist pin bearings, little end bearing and those retainer clips that fly off and never to be seen again on the ends of the wrist pin. I dug a load of brand new DDM stuff I over ordered about 6-7 years ago , that saved me some postage time from DDM's.
J

DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0096.JPG DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0096.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks