Tunning question ? (HELP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Large Scale Basher

Reading the Rules!
Hi guys need some help i have a baja 5b but having some problems with it i cant seem to get it to run properly (tunins wise) ii was just woundering does anyone know how to get it to factory setting and front there show me how to tune it to it top performance?
would be really great full if you can

Thanks guys :phone::phone:

LSB,
Run your high and low needles in all the way, don't overtighten.
Back both screws out 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns open. This should get you running. Let it warm up to operating temperature before attempting to adjust the carb. There are many ways to describe what its going to do under what conditions, heres my best attempt:
If she smokes like a chimney, its rich. When you take off from a dead dig, it should sound the same throughout the powerband, you may experience a lul before the power hits, but the engine will basically have the same note if you know what I mean, of course it will get louder, and increase in rpm, but will not make a completely different sound. Mine seems raspy when its too rich, and revs uncontrollably when too lean. Another way to kind of check it over at a glance is check the amount of fuel in the primer bulb. It should be almost full. If its empty, your lean, if its so full you cant see any air bubbles, its probably rich. Check the plug after a run, if its wet and black, your rich. If its white and dry, too lean. You want a nice doodoo brown color, a little moist if anything.
You can always go to FG Modellsport, main page, instructions, engine tuning tips, and download a nice pdf file explaining basically everything I just did.
Hope this helps..........BTW maybe post engine ?s in the engine section:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks