Turtle racing snapper clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have already been asked.. but I was wondering everyone’s thoughts and opinions of the turtle racing snapper clutch.... l was thinking of going this route.

I have a Baja 5b Clone with a 36cc engine and have basically ruined a clutch Bell from slippage with the factory 2 shoe clutch and 8000rpm spring that came with it after barely a gallon of fuel ran threw it.

Thank you very much sir for your input! Greatly appreciated! I did a search here and never saw the link you posted but I’m new here and still getting use to things lol

Even looked on YouTube and saw those series of videos but kinda got lost in those... lol there are several and they all look very similar the way they are listed... even still very helpful as far as explaining how the clutch works.. just wanted a few more opinions

This may have already been asked.. but I was wondering everyone’s thoughts and opinions of the turtle racing snapper clutch.... l was thinking of going this route.

I have a Baja 5b Clone with a 36cc engine and have basically ruined a clutch Bell from slippage with the factory 2 shoe clutch and 8000rpm spring that came with it after barely a gallon of fuel ran threw it.
I had one in my 5sc gave me a lot of grief trying to get proper springs such as 7500 rpm 8000 rpm exp... then when I thought I had it right bent aluminum pedestal. .... in tr defense I'm running 34cc reed from Orb that will pop a wheelie at 70 mph ...we race hard on Fridays and I committed a few Fridays then I had to walk away from it.... using fs 54 mm metal clutch no issues now

Well I installed the snapper clutch last night as packaged and just finished testing it this morning.. so far I absolutely love it! Totally different feel but way more “drivable” in all situations.. definitely putting more power to the tires.. with stock gearing, on dry pavement from a dead stop full throttle instantly wheelies every time which it never did before with the stock 2 shoe and an 8k spring .. now to see how it holds up.. but after it’s first tank I’m impressed

I have the same 36cc an clutch . As with all clutch systems that on these breaking in the clutch is a must it you'll burn them out quickly. Be easy on stock clutch for at least first gallon or 2 no heavy long burn outs etc .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I did breakin by the book pretty much.., once I got into the second gallon I slowly started tuning for power and the better it ran it seemed to as I call it “bog” under power instead of spin or wheelie so I inspected the clutch and saw deep grooves in the clutch Bell.. looked to me like one side of the clutch was stuck and only one shoe was making full contact with the bell... so I’m gonna consider what happened a part malfunction lol and call it a day

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks