UK: Losi MTXL vs Maverick Blackout MT Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eu4orick

I am looking at buying one of these 1/5 trucks:

Maverick Blackout MT & Losi MTXL

I am having a hard time deciding on which one to gun for. It would be my first 1/5 size being experienced with 1/8 Losi LST truck in the past. I haven't found much in the way of forums or feedback on either of these rc's and would like the pro's and con's of them both? Judging from just videos and images I've picked up on them both, the Maverick seems to be far better built, I'm possibly completely blind here and of course never seen them for myself. Also the value of them is yards apart. Losi being almost double the price and I cannot see other than the size what I would be paying for other than a brand name at these point??

Placing £1.2k cash on the Losi right off the bat doesn't leave much room right away to buy spares or upgrades. But I'd rather pick that truck if people have had both and feel it's simpler or better built than the Maverick.

Key things I am looking for like any rc guy would:

Build quality
Spares and upgrade support
Low maintenance (Not having to replace crap designed parts)

With either truck to anyone's knowledge what parts do need replacing for strength and where can I get them here in the UK/Online please? I am not bothered about performance of engines yet just things to hold them together for longer etc.

I can't help you with the losi but the blackout is the same as a rampage and I've had 2 of them. I love the rampage but I find myself doing a lot of wrenching on it. Most of the time I can't make it through a full tank of gas without something braking or coming loose. If you don't mind wrenching it's great. But I stick to my baja mostly cause that thing takes a massive beating and keeps going and going.

What sort of things/area's are breaking or coming loose a lot on your blackout/rampage please?
You name it. Screws, shocks, bearings, etc. I use blue Loctite on everything but it vibrates all the screws loose. The center diff screws and the drive train set screws are the worst for coming loose. Like I said I love it but it takes a lot of wrenching. My baja rarely let's me down. I have a rampage xb also but it got put on the shelf cause because it was a huge piece of poop.

Which Baja are you referring to by the way?
Hpi sort of. It was bought when they first came out. Many of parts have been replaced. Depending on the part I either replace it with kingmotor or after market. Hpi parts are stupidly priced compared to km and I find that the km parts last just as long. Its had some boo boo's over the years. But it holds up to some serious bashing and keeps on going. (Unless another tree jumps out in front of it again)lol.

I mean which model is it? E.g. from what I can see on HPI website there are four Baja named models: Kraken, 5T, 5S and 5B with some variations?

The Baja platform is all the same. The only difference between them from kit to kit is tires and bodies and bumpers. Everything else is the same.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks