ultimate clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benckie

ive been testing the fg mt to see how long stock clutches last since you cant easly seal the clutch housing, so far running on grass, sand, dirt and gravel ive got very good clutch wear after 21 tanks.

i was worried it would be like my baja 5b,s and wear the clutch quickly in sand and dirt and so on, but it looks like my fg mt don't suffer from this problem, so i think i can move up to an good after market clutch.

i also think with side gards on the chassis rails the clutch waer and cluth life can be improved, but i yet to try this, as i wanted to see how the clutch wear in stock form.

ive used the elcon v1 clutches and liked them, heat can be an issuse depending on your set up, but over all i like the elcon v1 clutch, but i found the 4 seperate adjustments screws to be fiddy, but if you take your time its all good.

there are a few types of clutches out with mutliy shoes and multible adjustments, but i think there has to be an easyer way, then a clutch with 4 seperate adjustments.

but ive been looking around for a after market cluch that is a mulity shoe and has a single adjustment to do all shoes, and i found these.

L3 Adjustable Lauterbacher 3-shoe clutch

mediaCA5CGSVP.gif

b0.gif

note from online listing

Adjustable L3 with only one single screw and with replaceable friction pads, this clutch can handle even the strongest engines available.

Contrast adjustable 4-block clutch

b2.gif

1243260574-7404.gif

b0.gif

note from online listing

Contrast has currently the best and most variable clutch system available for offroad and onroad cars.

All clutch block are adjusted simultaneously via an easily accessible zentral adjustment nut, ensuring a perfect power transfer. If you use a ventilated clutch bell adjustment is possible without any kind of disassembly.

Clutch block weight can be increased by inserting grub screws for even higher centrifugal force.

Three different clutch springs and two versions of clutch block material are available for a wide range of adjustable clutch characteristics.

For extreme duty applications you can add a second pair of clutch blocks for even more power transfer. Even 30 cm³ and highly modified 230 or 260 type engine won't give a problem.

The simple construction of the Contrast clutch makes it a perfect choice for experienced racers and beginners alike.

The clutch will be delivered as an assembled unit.

We recommend the use of the 3 mm spring with 4-block versions.

it seams the contrast clutch needs upgrading if you go by the seller and also special tools are needed.

if there any other mulity shoe clutch with a single adjustment screw out there ?

I have used the LB 2 shoe clutch...Shoes wear pretty quick...That 4 shoe you posted
might be the way to go..I have read about that one....Slawhammer

my bud had the lauterbacher clutch in his baja and man the metal shavings and wear was insane. he was constantly pulling it apart to clean the clutchbell with sandpaper etc. went back to stock clutches.

I know from racing 8th scale that aluminum shoes need constant maintenance, filing off the edges from the mushrooming. I like shoes that wear away personally

did he have a sealev clutch cover / the hpi bajas are realy bad for sand and dirt getting into the clutch and frying shoes.

the the Adjustable 3 shoe with aluminum shoes are know to wear badly

The LB is a good clutch..just those little shoes ware so quick...I am sure there ment
more for on road use..and those guys racing ,,they must change them out before
ever race day.....Slawhammer

"Oddified 4 Shoe Clutch
Control the power from the engine!

The original 4 shoe TC clutch from Oddified, using top secret materials and CNC Machined for absolute accuracy these clutch's are the performance choice.

Available for both on and offroad.

A super light competition version is available upon request.

For more information, contact us."

http://www.oddified.com/services.php

sorry guess i missed that part when i read it earlier duhhhh....look like my question was covered before i asked it ....thanks :p

Still bashing pretty hard on the Elcon. No signs of wear yet, I upgraded the plate to the titanium bash proof, have a spare set of shoes for comparison and really no signs of wear at all. I got worried when I first started using it because I had had so many issues with the stock one, grass and debris were clogging up the rear end pretty good and causing drag on the drivetrain. The shoes turned colors at first, then when the rear rotors were removed the discoloration went away for the most part. This is definately a good buy, very durable, no complaints here. Elcon 4 shoe, titanium outer plate

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks