ummm, ebay scammer, marder parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper 78

I was looking thru some older threads and found something about an ebay seller that said, he was getting someone to bump up his prices( or bumping them up himself) on his items!the thing is, i am (or should i say ...was) bidding on some of his items until today and have brought a few things off him untill recently.this really p....ed me off and if it is true, , I too realised that some things he sells are in shockingly bad condition and sell for almost new prices! has any body had any experiences like this, I am not going to repeat his name that was mentioned on the thread,but me and my friend SIMON bid on ebay for SPARE parts daily as i gather alot of you guys do, so just be careful.as i said i read it on a different thread on this forum and am not sure if it has happen to me until i really look into it on past bids i have won. be warned guys

i know the guy in question, i buy lots from him. ive had a couple items i received that were not what they said/not in good condition and i never had a problem returning them (and him paying return postage) or getting a part refund. some stuff looks questionable, if you don't think its any good, don't bid on it. also if you question it, ask before you bid.

as far as the allegations of him using another account to bump prices up, i doubt it. as i explained in the other thread, the bidder percentage thing really means nothing. i also have seen prices get too high for what they are, some people just get too caught up in the bidding to realize they are overpaying (i think we have all been there) or just want that one and don't care. and honestly, if the guy was trying to make more money he would just list his parts with a higher starting bids or buy it now.

as i see it, if it gets too high, don't buy it. i see this same kind of bickering all the time as people just get upset because they didnt win an item for cheap.

do you mean ,you know the guy as for buying parts or you personally know the guy as a close friend or assosiate? So maybe its a coincidnce that the same bidder seems to bid on alot of items, and this bidder likes to buy half decent goods for top whack, instead of buying brand spankers for the same price(or even less?) . I suppose it (MAYBE) could happen ,as i bid on a hell of alot of stuff by the same seller but not for daft prices,being that these days there are quite a few online shops that stock these parts, ive actually bid on loads of his stuff just for spares, putting in bids and just leavin it till i get message saying ive won or lost, just for the heck of it, im never sore about being outbid on items as if i need something desperatly i will buy it from the shop, love the whole bidding against people thing ,you win stuff for pennies,(as i have) or you pay the price,lol.
I really hope what youre sayin is true because he has some decent stuff on ther daily and like i said some alright prices(but also some shabby shizzle) but nobody likes to be made a fool of ,especially when it comes to cash money, weather you loaded or a pauper alike....as i said it hasnt happen to me, just read a thread , but can never be too careful .,especially on flee bay.If there are people that don't want to bid then i agree , don't bid and if something is worse for wear, then i agree again, don't bid ! just in a day and age where some people may struggle a bit to survive , we don't need to have our hard earned abused .thanks for the reply, was waiting for someone to reply on this matter because it was p...sing me off just thinking about it, and you maybe might of settled my thoughts...p.s just his feed back .some good some bad. anyway going to end this now as i am boring myself ,lol, and probably other people too.nice one.

i know the guy in question, i buy lots from him. ive had a couple items i received that were not what they said/not in good condition and i never had a problem returning them (and him paying return postage) or getting a part refund. some stuff looks questionable, if you don't think its any good, don't bid on it. also if you question it, ask before you bid.

as far as the allegations of him using another account to bump prices up, i doubt it. as i explained in the other thread, the bidder percentage thing really means nothing. i also have seen prices get too high for what they are, some people just get too caught up in the bidding to realize they are overpaying (i think we have all been there) or just want that one and don't care. and honestly, if the guy was trying to make more money he would just list his parts with a higher starting bids or buy it now.

as i see it, if it gets too high, don't buy it. i see this same kind of bickering all the time as people just get upset because they didnt win an item for cheap.
Just read back your reply, lol, im not bickering (funny guy) for not getting stuff cheap! as i said if i want something bad i will pay top sterling....for anything , but a nice bargain never goes amiss.....peace.

if the guy was trying to make more money he would just list his parts with a higher starting bids or buy it now.

hiya mate, yeh was me who did the other thread \o/

reason why he don't put start prices higher or buy it now, is because it bumps up the insertion fee, & he has ALOT of items so doing this would cost alot in fees.

Since my last thread, ive seen numerous items that have been re-listed even though they had a good few bids 1st time around! :s

People use ebay to find a bargain (or try to!) so most that use it already have a pretty good idea what the item costs new from a retailer before bidding. If anyone places a bid on ebay for a used item that costs them more than it would to buy new, more fool them! Takes 20 secs to google it & find the RRP, then just place a max bid below the RRP! I use hobbythek as a price guide, ive also bought lots of new parts from them as theyre prices & delivery is good.

But seriously, if people bid on ebay without checking the price new before hand! why!?

Daz :)

hiya mate, yeh was me who did the other thread \o/

reason why he don't put start prices higher or buy it now, is because it bumps up the insertion fee, & he has ALOT of items so doing this would cost alot in fees.

Since my last thread, ive seen numerous items that have been re-listed even though they had a good few bids 1st time around! :s

People use ebay to find a bargain (or try to!) so most that use it already have a pretty good idea what the item costs new from a retailer before bidding. If anyone places a bid on ebay for a used item that costs them more than it would to buy new, more fool them! Takes 20 secs to google it & find the RRP, then just place a max bid below the RRP! I use hobbythek as a price guide, ive also bought lots of new parts from them as theyre prices & delivery is good.

But seriously, if people bid on ebay without checking the price new before hand! why!?

Daz :)
well glad you wrote the origonal thread to make us like minded people aware that there MAY be funny tac tics taking place, and you say that items that have had plenty bids on have ended back on there makes it look even more sus!these things cost enough already on just upgrades and fixing the damn things all the time lol, also glad you had the balls to speak your opinion on this matter....at the end of the day, i didnt see it as a rant, just a piece to tell people to be aware...nice 1 bro....

no i don't know this seller personally, i have just bought a lot from him. im sure over half my purchases on ebay are from him. as i have seen some parts go for more than i would pay, the stuff ive bid on i haven't ever felt there was someone bidding to inflate prices. i did get a 2nd chance with one auction, when i looked into it the seller had left the winning bidder negative feedback, it was the first thing he had won with the seller, and he had other negative feedback from non paying with another seller. i felt it was legit and not because the price got inflated.

scam you!!!!

Sounds like the same stuff a few US ebay sellers do as well.
Happens all over the place man.I suppose you gotta be sharp and keep your wits about yourself, at least in the u.s.a your parts are considerably cheaper.Id probably buy everything new if i lived over there, damn it, think il move over for that reason alone, lol.Its crazy who different our new prices are, especiallt from ddm.

shI**y spelling mistake..... crazy how(not who) the prices are.I just ordered a transmitter from hong kong, they said it will arrive late because some batterys caused an explosion at the air port?????(what the hell??)Ummm sometimes makes me think about ordering from abroad, while we are on the subject, anyone rate the FLYSKY GTB?

Starting to pick up a funky vibe on this seller as well..lost item, then was offered item at 1/3 of auction price.. Like he may have inflated and backpedaled to see what he could get..something tells me something is fishy...

Starting to pick up a funky vibe on this seller as well..lost item, then was offered item at 1/3 of auction price.. Like he may have inflated and backpedaled to see what he could get..something tells me something is fishy...
Hey BEAR, don't SOUND GOOD TO ME, THE MESSED UP TYHING IS THAT HE HAS SOME GOOD STUFF,LOL
:w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks