Unable to use LiPo battery with servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok...so I have a hv hitec up front....(y)

30814860007_62805d47bc_c.jpg

and none hv savox sa1231sg on throttle...:rolleyes:

26061791318_1f033005bf_c.jpg

I want to run a 7.4v lipo but cant because of the savox..:(..atm it cuts out when a lipo is plugged in and I use both steering and throttle.....:(..is there a easy way to run both off a lipo....:unsure:..preferably plug n play...(y)

@crucialRC just seen your new avatar... think you may have me beat for rc collection. ? and we all know the vekta could use some major overhaul for what they charge?
Yeah I was looking at it today shaking my head. :oops: Good thing I have an understanding wife. :LOL:
This really helps? i have one in my baja with plenty of room to spare
http://www.davesmotors.com/Killer-RC-HPI-Baja-Taller-Battery-Box-Lid.html
That's cool. Never even thought they made one.(y)
But looking at the description, using this will regulate voltage to the receiver making all your servos 6v. Can you use it between the receiver and throttle servo only??? I don't see why not but I'm just reading the description.

Last edited:
Avoid the headaches. Just order new servos that can handle 7.4v
Keep what you have now as spares :cool:
I like the 35kg savox though (y)and a replacement is gonna b mega bucks (n)
I would assume it's a built in over voltage protection. You could run LiFe battery I think they are only rated 6 volts.
6.6volts life(y)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks