Upgraded motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1976

So I will be ordering up the Zenoah 27.2 ported motor. Will this motor come ready to run with a carb and everything needed on it? So I can just take out the stocker and put this 27.2 right in place of it or is there other issues? Thanks

So I will be ordering up the Zenoah 27.2 ported motor. Will this motor come ready to run with a carb and everything needed on it? So I can just take out the stocker and put this 27.2 right in place of it or is there other issues? Thanks

I'm not 100% sure about that motor but MOST motors on DDM have the option of with or w/o carb, saves a few $$ to get without. The stock carb is plenty good for that motor but if you want plug-n-play, spend the $$ & get the carb.

I'm not 100% sure about that motor but MOST motors on DDM have the option of with or w/o carb, saves a few $$ to get without. The stock carb is plenty good for that motor but if you want plug-n-play, spend the $$ & get the carb.

Thanks guys. Yes I am always in the habit of checking my needles on teh nitro engines when they are new just to make sure. I am pretty anal when it comes to break ins or initial tanks on R/C's.

You might want to lighten up on you break in views w/these motors. Don't do much at all, some will argue but if you want, talk to earthsurfer. I also feel that over doing it is far more harmfull than not enough. Even when I was racing MX, rebuild it & run it. We never used different oils for break in & all that.

You might want to lighten up on you break in views w/these motors. Don't do much at all, some will argue but if you want, talk to earthsurfer. I also feel that over doing it is far more harmfull than not enough. Even when I was racing MX, rebuild it & run it. We never used different oils for break in & all that.

Could you specify please what you mean by lighten up on the views? Thanks

Could you specify please what you mean by lighten up on the views? Thanks

I should've worded that different huh??!! I guess what I mean is, don't break it in like a nitro. The break in is very minimal, being overly easy on these motors can be worse than just hitting the wood outta the box. Sorry about how I worded my previous, now that I go back & read that, it didn't sound right.

He means run it hard for the breakin.Its worse to do a slow break in on a 2-stroke.You want the rings to seat fast for less blow by the rings.

I should've worded that different huh??!! I guess what I mean is, don't break it in like a nitro. The break in is very minimal, being overly easy on these motors can be worse than just hitting the wood outta the box. Sorry about how I worded my previous, now that I go back & read that, it didn't sound right.

Thanks I understand now. The only thing I am really go to be easy on is letting it warm up good initially. I know that is very important before beating on any engine. Once that is achieved I will start to let her rip. I am only going to run a tank or so through the stock motor all stock. Then add the JP3 pipe to the stock motor to see the improvements. Once that is done I am putting in the 27.2 with the JP3.

it should come with a wt-603 or a wt-668 carb as standard! But the race carb is bored and smoothed out,and larger jet fitted ckoke flap removed and has a atomiser to aid in the distribution of the fuel

i don't know to be honest? i don't get my gear from there i get it all from here in the UK or germany, but i would of thought they would be able to get it i will try to get you a part number for it now!!!

I just emailed DDM and they replied. THe 27.2 cc motor comes with the 603 carb and they will upgrade it to the 813 for 15 dollars. He said it really smooths out acceleration and it real nice. This is due to the accelerator pump on it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks