Upgrades for Rovan Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the cheapest one, nothing i bought was strictly necessary BUT:
stock steering is pretty terrible. Not that theres much slope, but its very flexible. And i mean VERY. so forget about any kind of steering precision.
pretty cheap to fix: just get alu horn and alu servo saver arm, and remove slop from rod ends. With those fixes it drives with precision of F1 on tarmac :)
On dirt it almost doesn't matter.
Get yourself thin shock oil because stock shocks are so hard they pretty much stuck. I heard 10wt works, but i cant say, i just mixed vegetable oil with some standard wt40 oil to get desired damping.
Ah and of course lipo, stock electronics take it no problem. Get castor 927 oil.
If you want to be preventative and have spare cash you can get spare clutch (imo best is to buy full metal clutch and forget that it exists, the ones from rovan don't last too long, and "brand" ones are expensive). Side body panels break pretty easy if you drive offroad and I broke bottom chassis guard once, and top front shock covers(the eyebrow, not the shock cap itself) twice. And ive eaten diff internal gears, but i drove pretty aggresively on gravel pit with many jumps, and with bigger, 195mm wheels, so cant blame 440€ chinese chassis really. But getting to diff is MAJOR pita, changing diff will take major part of your day, thats just really bad baja design, nothing specific for rovan ones.
Other than that and generally its really solid piece for the price. Generally reasonable reliable and pretty durable, like i said i broke only small cheap parts, nothing really broke from bad landings, minor crashes etc. Ah and of course pre filter(rovan ones filter really good) and engine fan cover but thats standard for all petrols. And remote killswitch.
Generally its super fan and id even argue its the most fan in rc car world ull get for the money. I got rovan LT and other than engine its awesome platform, but still feel like i have more fan with baja which is OVER two times cheaper. And thats coming from electrics 1/8 guy, who alwasy prefers 4wd!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks